1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 F250 Sway bar preservation with Boss Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lancelot25, Dec 19, 2011.

1. lancelot25

lancelot25 Junior Member
    from Topsham

I have a 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3L engine, EAOD transmission, 4-wheel drive and bought a BOSS Poly XT V-plow that I am installing.

The undercarriage installation instructions call for removal of the front sway bar.
    Has anyone preserved their sway bar on their installation?

I would really like to preserve the anti-sway bar function one way or the other.

How about preserving the plate connecting both frame sides that the sway bar brackets are attached to? Does it have to be removed as well?

I would appreciate any information in this subject. Thank you,

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Say adios to that ttb Dana 50 runnIng that plow. You better weld a plate on the underside of that axle driver side of the pumpkin. I didn't think the ttb had a sway bar option up front. My 96 didn't have one, and I tried getting one for it in 1999. You sure you have the Dana 50 and not a swapped Dana 60?
  3. lancelot25

lancelot25 Junior Member
    from Topsham

Hi Old Man from Kent (like upper Maine)?

I have a 1997 crew cab with Dana 50 for sure (large hubs, tags and big "50" cast on the pumpkin).

It is supposed to have the "snowplow" package, I assume heavier duty front springs.

Yes it has a OEM Ford anti-sway bars (front & rear). Right now, with the plow support brackets, there is no place to put the sway bar - I have to remove it.
    I was wondering if anyone had reinstalled it one way or the other.

What are you suggesting about the welding of a plate on the drive-side axle? Is it prone to failure?

Thanks for the prompt answer,