1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 F250 HD 3 plug wiring harness install help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by psychob0b1977, Nov 18, 2014.

1. psychob0b1977

psychob0b1977 Junior Member
    from NA

Hello, this is my first post.

I have a 1997 Ford F250HD. it is the old body style. i just finished installing the minute mount push plates on the truck, to get ready for the winter.

but now im stuck. i have a box full of wires, and a 3 port isolation module. i have a 2 pin harness, 3 pin harness, an 11 pin harness, a headlight harness, a relay, the controller, and the 3 plug isolation module.

I have no idea how to install any of this. the fisher website has nothing specific to my truck, so its not any help. any one know how to wire up this truck? where to rout everything?

Thanks Bob

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Get help. Sounds like your in way over your head.

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Look at page three of the PDF Buster F posted a link to. If that looks like it's too complicated, then you're better off getting some help.

5. Mholubek

Mholubek Member

That's a simple install.
    I have a 4 port that was originally on a 97 f350hd 7.3 that I just installed on my 99 f350 super duty 7.3.

Plug and play.
    (2 pin is your main power to plow motor,3 pin are your controls,11 pin are for your lights)

6. psychob0b1977

psychob0b1977 Junior Member
    from NA

the wiring diagram is not complicated... maybe i missed the point with my original post...

i can figure out where stuff plugs into, but i'm looking for any insight into where the wires are normally run. where do people with these trucks normally mount the relay and isolation module. i don't have another to look at for wire routing and component locations. i tried searching google for pictures but came up empty. if anyone has any pictures of how they ran everything and where they mounted things that would be immensely helpful.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Where ever you can.
    Usually the Iso module is on the drivers side. And the solenoid is where ever that's closest to the batt and grill

8. Mholubek

Mholubek Member

Driver side fender well is my iso.
    Driver side of radiator/inner cooler is where my pump motor relay is.
    Just under that is where my fuses for plow are.