1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 F150 Ext Cab 4x4 XLT MN

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wizardsr, Mar 16, 2012.

1. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

This is a nice F150 Extended Cab 4x4 XLT. The motor is a 4.6l V8, and automatic transmission, both with 228k original miles. Don't let the mileage scare you, this truck drives as though it has 60k miles on it! It runs strong, shifts great, I can't believe how well the original owner took care of this truck! It has power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, cloth seats, tinted windows, AM/FM/Cassette radio, it's a great truck.

I purchased it in December 2011 for my employee to drive and to pull a small trailer. Upon purchasing it from the original owner (who bought a brand new F150 he liked this truck so much), I had this truck professionally gone through by a mechanic. He made several repairs including replacing all the burned out dash lights, fixing the radio antenna, repaired the rear brake adjusters, transmission service, oil change and lube, replaced alternator, replaced multifunction (turn signal/wiper) switch,and repaired 3 pcv hoses that were causing a lean condition and check engine light. At that time he said the front rotors were a little warped and that the brakes had about 25% remaining, we have only put about 2k miles on it since then, and have decided to replace this truck with another F250. Other than the brakes needing to be done soon, this truck is in perfect mechanical condition, I may even negotiate having the brakes done before sale to an interested buyer. It also has 4 brand new cooper discoverer tires installed with about 1k miles on them.

Also has a brand new chest box installed in the bed, I'll negotiate the price some if you don't want it.

You may also see a video of this truck here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YJVTgI3EQ Please note the exhaust leak in the video will be fixed before sale (it's a minor leak from a broken bolt on the flange for the manifold to collector pipe connection and should be fixed by my mechanic this weekend).

Asking $3900 or best offer.