1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 F-350 Turbo Diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sharpshooter77, May 9, 2007.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Well guys trying to keep my self busy and keep my mind off of those test result that are coming in 2 weeks. I have decided to look for a diesel cause we all know were gas prices are going. I have found a truck just like mine 2 years newer 1997 and diesel 7.3 power stroke. I wanted to know if there should be stuff to look out for with a diesel. This would be my first time owning a diesel, I know the first thing I am going to do is check out the transmission. there is no rust on this truck either. I always hear of talk about the oil pans going quickly, right. Just let me know What you guys think about this one. Thanks
    Shane

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we have one 97 f 350 PSD and it seems to be a great truck. all i have had trouble with were the batteries(11 years old) and new set of ball joints a few years back. also three sets of tires and thats it!

3. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Sharpshooter 77--I just bought a 96 F-350 & in looking It over Real Good & Tinkering--I had a Fuel Leak--under the intake--Ordered the Two Aluminum washers & installed them--Leaks Gone!--I Built a Rear Bumper & in Doing So!--Noticed both Rear Spring Hangers rivited to the rear Frame were rusted Out on their Bottoms--Easy FIX!--I ordered New Ones--Cut the Rivits OFF! & Punched them OUT & Bolted In New Ones--I changed the OIL & Filters in the 7.3 & Tranny & Fuel Filters--& Greased it Checking every thing as I Did! I*M still in the Learning MODE? as I Bought the Book on 96 4X4s w/ the 7.3--& in Reading! theres a Lot of little things Listed I didn*t Know about?? FORDs correct Way of Shifting the 4x4 IN & OUT--little things that NICE to Know!--BOY! I really Like Mine! I wish I had Bought ONE Yrs AGO! --Ole Tower--