1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 F-250 H/d

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wls, May 23, 2006.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would get a straight axel front end out of a F-350 first. That independent front end has way to many problems. Cause the 810 is heavy.

3. wls

wls Senior Member

I was looking at the blizzard website, and saw that the 810 weighs about 185 more then the 860 straight blade, and 172 more then the 860 speed wing.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I second the opinion on getting a Dana 60 from a F350. No way the Dana 50 will react well to that heavy Blizzard.

5. wls

wls Senior Member

If I go that route, I would put the HD leafs on, but what else would I need ? Just the dana 60?

6. wls

wls Senior Member

I know a guy that has the front/rear axles from a superduty, I may replace them both. I think I would have to, to be able to carry one spare.
    Wonder if that would be a straight forward swap?

7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You'll probably want to put regular F350 springs on with the Dana 60, and maybe even a helper spring. Depending n how the Blizzard squats the truck, you may even want timbrens on the Dana 60. Also new shocks. The Dana 60 will still be overloaded with the Blizzard, but it is a much better exle than the Dana 50