1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 Dodge 2500 70k miles

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by brickslayer, Oct 31, 2012.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3373834582.html

I'm selling this truck. Figured this would make a good cheap plow truck for someone.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

If that link doesn't work here are the details...

1997 Dodge SLT 2500 4x4. ONLY 70,000 miles! 5.9 gas engine. auto trans. Would be great work truck or throw a plow on it and make some cash during the winters. Only 70,000 original miles. Good: new brake lines, new alternator, tune up, new filters, new wires cap rotor, new power steering hoses, new exhaust. Bad: cracked windshield, missing tailgate, has few dings n dents, and has typical dodge rust on the bottom of the doors and starting on the bed wheel wells. Priced for quick sale. $2500 obo

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Free bump.........but pics are a must around here.

4. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

5. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

All I'm getting is offers from guys in the area trying to get into the plowing industry. Potentially they want to become direct competition locally. The highest offer I recently received was for $2200. Willing to sell for $2000 to someone out of my service area. Firm on price. Just last attempt to sell before I Boss it up and have two back ups.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I'd buy it today if you were closer.

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Ad says it was deleted. Did you sell it or decide to keep it?

8. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

9. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

i live in kalamazoo mi

10. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Are we going anywhere with this?

11. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

if you still have it in a couple weeks i would be interested

12. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Just curious. Thread jacking my own post, but are dodge gassers that shunned upon?!? Limited local interest and being set at a give away price makes me think. If it was a GM it would be gone in 60 seconds. Do people really have that bad of experience with 5.9 gassers???

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  13. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I like em. They always go for cheap around here too. I never have problems with mine.

14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

cant sell anything this year nothing wrong with the truck

15. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

Engines great transfer terrible especially plowing heavy snow residential forward reverse with a load is really hard on them if I don't get any of the trucks I'm bidding on I'll gas up and go take a look if u still have it I'd be more interested if u had a plow on it getting close and no truck

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This truck would be in my driveway if you were a lot closer. I have Fisher mounts for it just sitting in the basement.

17. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

5.9 is an amazing motor, The dodges don't hold their value for crap tho, so they are a hard sell. I had my blue one listed for 4k with the plow, it was mint, and still had a real hard time selling it. took over a month on craigslist to sell it.

18. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sell it or did you put a plow on it? I sent a PM a few weeks ago and never heard back?

19. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

Regular cab or ext cab? Have a plow for it you would sell

20. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Truck has been sold.