1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 chevy headlight problems. Help?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by loganes2002, Jan 17, 2008.

1. loganes2002

loganes2002 Junior Member

I have a 97 Chevy 1 ton with sealed beam headlights. It has a western unimount plow that I used a harness that doesn't have the daytime running light option on it. I normally just click the parking brake down 1 notch and problem solved. Now the plow lights work great. When the plow is off, Nothing. I even plugged the truck lights dierectly to the plugs and still nothing. They did work at first. The obvious fuses are fine. any help would be appreciated!

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Ok, I need to ask it though it may seem stupid, but here goes. You said you plugged the headlights directly to the factory plugs and got nothing? Is that for the DRL or regular lights? I am willing to bet that its just something silly. I run a non DRL system, and my truck has them. I just pulled the DRL fuse to kill mine (mine is a stand alone fuse).
    Make sure your e-brake is completely off.... Do the plow lights still work if you hook the plow back up?

3. loganes2002

loganes2002 Junior Member

I hooked up the regular headlights directly and nothing. Yesterday i put the plow back on and those all worked fine. I didn't see a fuse for the DRL's.