1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 chevy 1500 MM1 wiring work on 2000+ 2500?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Freeze Plug, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Freeze Plug

Freeze Plug Junior Member
    from CT

Hello all,

I have a 1997 chevy silverado 1500 with a fisher MM1 2 plug plow setup, generally this truck is getting beat. I would like to put a plow on my 2000 chevy suburban 2500 (newer body style)

Will the plow wiring harness work on the newer body style truck? If not, does anyone know the differences? I am open to harness modification if it is nothing crazy. I am thinking probably the lighting harness is different, at minimum.

I am planning on getting the proper push plates for the 2500, but if i can re-use the plow and wiring, that would be a major bonus

Wasn't sure what to search since this is such a specific question, I apologize if this has been asked before

Thanks!

Austin

2. Freeze Plug

from CT

it appears to have the "relay" type setup

3. Freeze Plug

from CT

in the fisher plow transfer guide, it shows that the old 2 plug relay system will work with chevy/GMC up to 2002, if I use lighting harness 26070

i also read elsewhere thart harness 26070 is often labeled 26071

is this all i would need?

http://www.storksauto.com/index.php/26071-western-unimount-99-02-chevy-gmc-hb3-hb4-9-pin-control-wiring-harness.html

other kits come with relays...i am pretty sure i need strictly the lighting harness ONLY since the rest of the harness is still complete and functioning in the 1997 donor truck

Thanks

Austin

4. Freeze Plug

from CT

no one has done this before?