1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 Chevy 1500 Fisher MM2 Cab Wiring

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by saabman, Oct 9, 2007.

1. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

I am new to the board but have already found it invaluable as I have searched for a variety of information. I nearing the end of the process of installing a Fisher RD MM II on my 1997 Chevy 1500 (shes got Timbrens and cranked bars)

Wiring is just about done, but I am looking for advice on where to enter the cab. What is the customary and usual entry on the old style 1500.

Thanks, Chris
  2. casgallo

casgallo Junior Member

hey i am new here too and also facing the same problem. i think i am going to end up drilling a hole in the firewall and getting a gromet to seal it up. anyone else?
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I have a factory gromet in my firewall near the steering column in my 97 k2500, that's where we went with mine.....i'm just guessing you mean for your controller wire.
  4. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

Yes, this my question is regards the controller wire. Snooping around I found some "sealing gum" (left of the brake pedal arm) on the fireware (inside the cab). Scraping away the gum revealed 4 small holes aranged in a square pattern. Obviously a mount point for something (that I do not have). So that is where I am going to penetrate the firewall.

The heavy lifting is done, all that remains is to pretty things up with cable ties and to connect the power cables. I did a dual battery install at the same time. 97 K1500 has the primary battery up front on the passenger side. The aux tray simply bolts in place of the plastic tool box (in the mirror position on the drivers side). I cut new channels in the radiator shroud to run the cables recessed like the OEM power cable.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Not having the plow package on my truck (and therefore no gronnet in the firewall) I opted to cut a small slit in the grommet that covers the steering linkage and run the cab wires through there and then up under the center stack of the dash.