1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 4x4 f-250 diesel extended cab never plowed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by nocigarette, Nov 13, 2009.

1. nocigarette

nocigarette Junior Member
    from mi

Two tone black and silver in good shape....Just turned 200,000 auto full power with grey interior....I bought it from my uncle he was the original owner....Little rust surface here and there no holes runs great drives great everything works.........Nice truck i would keep it but i have a reg cab that i love and my wife wont let me keep both (something about being impractical)..i live in southern michigan east side.......would like to get 5500.00 but i am open to offers......734 231 5070...it is not a rusty piece of junk....I am leaving for florida on tuesday i would like to sell before then.....
    The doors are the worst but nothing rusted through,drives and runs great needs a tailgate.....Just trying to give ya all the details i can....734 231 5070
    He never pulled with the truck only hauled his in bed camper out west and filled it with sawdust for the hoarse stables...

CRAIGSLIST 001.jpg

CRAIGSLIST 004.jpg

CRAIGSLIST 005.jpg

CRAIGSLIST 009.jpg

CRAIGSLIST 008.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. nocigarette

from mi

ttt to the top please

3. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

Alot of miles and alot of rust,Take 3500.00?

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I think it's worth close to that, I sold a 1995 with ALOT more rust and only a regular cab for $4500.00 with about the same miles on it.

5. nocigarette

from mi

How due ya figure a lot of rust.......To make this truck perfect you could buy 2 doors and paint from the bottom of the black down.....maybe 300.00 at the most if ya did it yourself..

This is a good truck for what i am asking and i am being as up front with everything as i can........3500.00 dollars is a joke......But then again thanks for the offer...

6. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

Sorry,,did not mean any disrespect,just looking for a truck at a good price!

7. nocigarette

from mi

None taken bud..... it never hurts to ask.....Good luck with finding a truck...

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I think $3500 is a good price. But I dont think you will get over 4K for it. It could be in better shape, not saying it is not. But it still is an old truck and depreciation is a B$%#!! You have to look at it like well if I was to get in an accident and it was totaled, how much would my insurance pay me? But hey what do I know!

9. nocigarette

from mi

I could go to a dealer and get that for a trade in....As far as insurance goes they usually pay close to blue book or black book value....Depending on the damage you will make out on a 5000 dollar truck if it is totaled...Unless you carry billy bobs hometown insurance.....

Look!!! i am just trying to sell a truck not defend what i am selling.. So if your interested great ,if not think your thoughts and don't post them.... imho

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I don't agree that you should go on insurance.... Insurance is a scam and might only give you $1000 for it, but I think we could all agree it is worth more...

11. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think the guys are delicately trying to tell you, it's not worth $5K, shop around and get a newer body style for close to that...i paid $6800 for my '00 SD ext cab 4x4. I also bought our F250 identical to that truck you listed cept with the 460 for $2500 and it was rust free and interior looked showroom fresh...and a 200K diesel is'nt worth no $2500.

You get your buddy into the mid $3K range and in that condition, definately no more than $43-4400 and it should sell, otherwise he might as well plan on keeping it for back up at $5000 unless you find a sucker...and they're out there LOL!! Not wanting to bust your chops since your the middle man, but that is the reality of the situation, just cuz it's got a diesel, it's still an old flaking paint truck first and foremost.

12. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

I think 3,500 is a fair offer.

13. nocigarette

from mi

We have a little room to bend on this but 2000.00 less than what i want is crazy! I drive a late model 97 reg cab everyday...It has 334,000 miles on it and it has plowed snow since it was brand new...I would not hesitate to hook my 11,000 pound boat to it and head to florida running 75 mph the whole way with no worries......If you are going to make a offer call me otherwise i am done defending my sale....

Picture 138.jpg

14. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

I am sorry I started this whole mess I just needed a truck cause mine broke down and I have just signed 5 new contracts,did not mean to get everyone fired up,I'm just a guy looking for a truck as cheap as I can lost my job 2 yrs ago and only way I'm gonna see any money is by plowing so that's it nocigarette isn't a bad guy just trying to sell something for what he thinks is fair,,ok?

15. nocigarette

from mi

No sweat man.......I really did not have much to due on Sunday until football came on anyway.....Give me a call you seem like a nice guy maybe we can work something out...734 231 5070 If i don't answer i am combing my mullet and cruising the park in my vintage firebird....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  16. TheRickster!!

TheRickster!! Junior Member

I will never understand why people feel the need to appraise your items for sale…

Just because their Aunt Bertha or Uncle whomever bought some similar item at some other time in some other place has no effect on what the seller feels his item is worth.

Further more the argument could easily be made that if he or she feels they could sell it for that price perhaps they their selves might buy it at that price thus not making it an impossible sale.

The final thing that gets me is these useless comments are usually the first few posts when most haven't even seen the ad yet and now both the seller and the potential buyer or put in an awkward situation. Do these people stop buy every car on the side of the road and call their seller advising them if the price is too high?? In my opinion most are!!

Should the potential buyer come arguing his point that he wants to pay $4000 or $5000 for this truck???? No often times he just walks away and no one wins!

Food taken right off the sellers table as a result of someone’s unsolicited comment!!

Times are already tuff… Leave people alone!!

17. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

Hey nocigarette forgot my phone at home Will try and call later today,I really am sorry about all the replies your getting just making a offer that I could afford was all,,I am trying to come up with more but with no snow and too cold to sealcoat I'm kinda stuck here with no way to make any money,,,,

18. TheRickster!!

Hey Lowrider,

Just for clarity I don't think your wrong for offering what you believe the truck is worth to you or what you budget allows. Just like he is offering the truck for what he thinks the truck is worth and what his budget allows him to sell it for.

So, please take no offence in my comments, and I don't believe a legitimate offer even if substantially lower falls into the same category.

It's his choice to accept or counter...

But at the end of the day it's only my humble opinion.

19. nocigarette

from mi

20. TheRickster!!