1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 250 Clutch Bleeding

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bskiball, Jan 29, 2012.

1. bskiball

bskiball Member

Just replaced the clutch master cylinder on my 1997 F-250 and not sure the correct way to bleed the system. The slave cylinder bleeder is a set screw not a normal bleeder like I have seen before. Anyone else run into this? Not sure how to do it.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

good luck lol what i normally do,,is just fill the master,,leave the cap off,,,and work out the left leg!!!!!!!!!
    gunna take you forever!!!!!! my 03 dont even have a bleeder on the slave....

3. big_stroker

big_stroker Senior Member

Bench bleeding or buying the pre bleed kit is the only way to go.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The last one I did. I just pumped the pedal till I got a pedal.

5. damian

damian Senior Member

get an old pump oil can, fill with brake fluid and attatch a hose to the end that you can slip over your open bleed screw,take the cap off the res. and pump away until filled and no air bubbles,close the bleeder pump the pedal a few times until hard, works every time.

6. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

not sure if it always works, but I just took the cap off of my 87 f250 and reversed the system by pushing on the slave. I noticed some air out of the master until it was just fluid. Worked perfect and took no more than 10 min!

7. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

That is actually the Ford approved method for bleeding.