1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1997 1500 headlight?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JR Snow Removal, Nov 17, 2009.

1. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

OK I may be an idiot but how do you get the headlight out. I have a harness coming for my night saber lights and can not figure out how to get the headlight out is it the rods with the star shape on the end (2 rods) I didnt want to take them out b/c i thought those where for adjusting the light can someone please help its driving me nuts:realmad: I've never been this dumbfounded on something so simple

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Composite lamps I assume? You have to pull the markers and then the grill. Headlamps just unbolt from the rad support from there. Sounds like a pain but it's easy, not too many screws.

3. JR Snow Removal

Thats what i thought but it just seems like alot to do if you had to change a bulb i can't belive they would make it like that:mad:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If all you need is to gain access to the bulbs then go in from the rear. There's access holes in the rad support. Have to pull the battery on the passenger side but its far easier than pulling the grill.

5. JR Snow Removal

i tried it that way the bulb hits a plastic piece before it twists far enough to pull it o well i guess pulling the grill is the best bet thanks B&B

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have to get it "just right" for it to clear but that's how they're removed.

7. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

If you have the composite headlamp system (quad-headlights) and you're just wanting access to change your bulbs, you do not have to pull your whole grill off. Those 2 hex-head rods (5mm or 3/16" socket) that are sticking up on each side are all you need to remove & the headlamp housings will come right out. (The headlight aiming adjustment screws are located down thru holes on each side and are double torx-headed,... either E8 socket or T15 screw head). But if you need more access to get behind the housing bracket, etc, then you will have to remove the whole grill assembly. Hope that is clear.

8. JR Snow Removal

Thanks Alaska Boss