1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Scattrak 1800C skidsteer for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jjdonovan, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jjdonovan

jjdonovan Member

Hello all,
    Not sure if this is the right forum, I hope that it is.
    I am selling off my older skidsteer, a SCATTRAK. It is a 1800C, (1800 lb. lift ) it has the bobcat QUICK-ATTACH system with aux. flow hyd. but not the high flow option. IT has the hyd. flat face quick disconnects that are pretty much ind. standard now. Machine has 860 +/- hrs. I still use it. The engine is a Perkins diesel 4 cyl. about 60 h.p. The tires are 12.5X16 at about 90% tread left. The starter was replaced last year. The two batteries were replaced 7/05 all hyd. cylinders repacked 7/05 . New bushings were installed where needed. I have all new bushings for the lift arm assembly,(bought them but found out old bushings were excellent!)drive chains adjusted 5/04.Repainted and decaled.The machine does need a new seat. All parts are available thru your nearest VOLVO construction equipment dealer. I use TYLER equipment in Londmeadow,Mass.I live in Westfield,Ma. and will deliver in Mass. for a fee.
    I am asking $14,000
    Cell:413-204-2875 or business 413-572-4013
    Best Regards
    Joe Donovan
  2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

i think your a little to high on the price.You can buy a new mustang with cab,heat,horn,counter weights,backup alarm,susp seat,61 inch bucket with bolt on cutting edge for $20,500 out the door in NH [just my 3 cents]

PLANET Member

Echo is in the right. :waving:
  4. jjdonovan

jjdonovan Member

i hope your comparing compatible machines

Well Boys,
    Like the man says you get what you pay for. Also If you want to pay .....let see approx. 42% MORE!!!! than what I am asking for ...sure go out and buy yourself a brand spanking new machine.
    What I have posted is by far a great machine in the 60 hp. range and 3 ton class. Compare the hours on the machine to what is out there. The machine was my first skidsteer, ( I was the second owner) when I started my business.
    I think it had 400 hrs. now it is somewhere 850. I went beyond the manufactures maint. scheduled just so I would not have a equipment failure on site. NOT BEAT AND ABUSED AND TRASHED TO **** LIKE I HAVE SEEN WITH MOST RENTAL AND LARGER CO. OWNED EQUIPMENT.
    I say that because I was a 2 man operation for along time.Larger co. with many employees, to me their equipment always looked beat and abused!
    This skidsteer is retired now, it was a great first time machine for me and could be for someone starting out with limited capital.But hell go pay 40% more for a brand spanking nesw machine with all the bells and whistles. try and work on a machine that is controlled by a computer,(MY CAT 246 skidsteer) lots of luck.If the SCATTRAK had the lift cap. and speed of the CAT it would still be in use.
    IF it does not sell.....then in 15 years when I,m 60 it will be plenty fast for me then.
    Have a great day ALL.
  5. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Uh OK thanks for the rant.HAVE A NICE DAY