1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 S10 Blazer with Western 6' questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scholzee, Oct 4, 2004.

1. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

I have a 1996 2dr S10 Blazer with a 6' Western quick disconnect mount. The front sags alot with the plow on. It has 150K on it so I was wondering if the front springs are shot. Do they make heavier springs for the front, maybe from a ZR2 or something ? I will probably install Tibrems but if the springs are weak I should address that. Also what are peoples experiences with cranking up the torsion springs do they often fail after cranking them up since they have been in the same positon for a long time. I will need to travel 60 miles round trip to do my Dad's driveway when it snows otherwise the plow will be off the truck. Thanks for all replies!!
  2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Timbrens will help. Forget traveling that far w/ a plow. It would be more cost effective for you to find someone local to plow your father. We do over 100 acres of commercial work and the farthest account is 8 miles away and we still have a few rare problems w/ 2 backups for 5 vehicles.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can crank it up during the plowing season adjust back to the normal hieght in the off also the timberns are a good choice maybe swap out the stock shocks and add bilstien shocks
  4. ezcleanfilter

ezcleanfilter Junior Member
    from wis

I cut down a western v plow for my 89 s10 and just put airshocks on front and did nothing eles and it doesn't sag. That way I can let air out when plow isn't on and still drive nice. Here is a link if you want to see it.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I put timbrens on my jimmy shortly after i upgraded to my 720 blizzard, and upgraded to 31x10.50s. I was rubbing almost all the time without them. Since i have installed them, I have not had any rubbing problems. I think its the best investment for that truck, if i would have known how much they would have helped, i would have put them on years ago. I also have my tortion bars turned up some to level the truck off but thats it (i hate riding up or down hill all the time), the timbrens do all the work:nod: