1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 ram 2500 no rear brakes

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by flyguyirvin65, Sep 26, 2015.

1. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

I pulled my drums off the rear today and it was obvious they are not working. I tried bleeding the brakes and I get no fluid coming out when the petal is pushed . I tried it with the truck running and off no difference. There is a ABS light on in the truck, it been on for a long time. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is ??

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

You have rear wheel anti lock, or four wheel abs.? And if the lights on, its throwing a code.

3. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

It is just rear wheel ABS My sons scanner wont connect to the truck so I dont know what the codes are.

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Is the master cylinder full, and no leaks. Do you have fluid pressure at rear wheel port at master. Then go to inlet, then outlet at RABs valve. There aren't that many options where the fluid pressure is or ain't.

5. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

possibly a blocked splitter valve. ussaully on the frme below the master cylinder.

6. unior

unior Member

I think he i referring to the proportioning valve that adjusts the amount of fluid sent tot he front vs. rear. I would start disconnecting lines at the back and work my way front till you get fluid. Maybe the entire master cylinder is jacked also. You could delete the abs pump if it's faulty.