1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Jeep Cherokee 2 WD Question...

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Ric3077, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 Junior Member

I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee 2 WD, and was wondering if any company makes a 6.5ft plow for this vehicle...I know they make it for a 4wd but is it the same mount? I will be beefing up the front end and putting some weight in the back to help out...thanks for the help!

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Its nots going to work. You really need a big truck with a lot of counter weight to plow with 2wd. Sell the jeep and find yourself a 4 wheel driver version.

3. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

dont even waste your time i own a 96 cherokee 4 litre 4 by 4 it plows great without a front diff you will get stuck just about everywhere you try to plow get a cherokee with 4 wheel drive 4 litre and you will have a great investment trust me on this one been plowing with my cherokee for 7 years now they are exelent and wont break down good luck chorokeeman