1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 GMC Yukon..info

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Qsela34, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Qsela34

Qsela34 Junior Member

Hey all, I am new to forums in general, and forgive me if I have no posting etiquite, but I need some help.
    My car died a couple of days ago and since I have been interested in getting a truck again, I figured before I went out and made a BIG mistake, I would get some advice/info on what I was planning on doing from people who know about this stuff.

I previously owned a CHERRY 1996 Burgandy Tahoe 2dr with a set of Off road terrain tires, and a set of 22" chrome...really, REALLY nice truck.
    Well I have been thinking about a pick-up for a while until I came across this Craigslist ad
    Now I have NO asperations of going out and plowing a bunch of driveways to make money, but I DO want the convenience of getting up and plowing my own and my parents, instead of calling someone to do them for $40+ and or shovel them myself.

As soon as I saw this Yukon it made me think of my old Tahoe, which made me happy, and I saw the plow that comes with it, and that made me even happier...

ANY and ALL advice/info would be greatly appreciated..money is a little tight, so I don't want to make a big financial mistake...
    Oh yeah, my driveway is pretty small about 1600sqft? hard packed dirt, stone, rock (obviously not ideal) parents driveway is about 250' paved.
  2. Qsela34

Qsela34 Junior Member

I left out a few details....

I talked to the dealer for a bit and he told me that the guy that traded the truck in is a local guy, and they have performed all maintenence a/or repairs on the truck over the years. He also stated that the man ONLY used the plow for his driveway and his Mothers who lives across the street. To good to be true? Maybe, but I don't know what to ask or what to check to know the difference when it comes to a plow on a truck or front end issues..

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

its a clean truck go get it
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Anytime you plow and get paid for it you need insurance.
    The Yukon will work fine, just plow with the strom and don't wait till the snow is over 6" deep.