1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Ford 150 Plow?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by landandsnow, Dec 25, 2010.

1. landandsnow

landandsnow Junior Member
    from Boston

I am thinking buying my friends 1996 Ford F150 and putting a plow on it...has 3800lb front axle and off road package...i'm trying to find out more about the trucks options and capabilities..supposedly it can handle it fine any feedback be great thanks

2. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Ive ran a plow on my 1982 F150 for about 5 years, and its fine. Just have to keep a lot of maintence on the front end, and make sure everything works good, and replace the parts before they leave you stranded. Like U-joints, radius arm bushings etc.

3. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I ran a 7'6 western on a 95 f150 for many years. I changed the springs to a heavy duty pair. I also replaced most steering components with f250 components. Was the best truck I plowed with. I miss that truck.

4. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

I think with a f150. You should probably go with a 7.5' plow max. Correct me if I am wrong