1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 f350 xlt 4x4

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 96 F350 4X4, Jul 18, 2009.

1. 96 F350 4X4

96 F350 4X4 Junior Member

Hello, I am new here and was told by someone at thedieselstop.com to try advertising my truck for sale here. Although I have never plowed with the truck or had a plow on it, it could be outfitted with one. Here it is:

I'm looking to sell my truck. Our family has outgrown it. I am the original owner and it's been a great truck for us. It has been our daily driver since new. As you can see, it's black with gray cloth interior. It has 375K miles on it. I rebuilt the front end at 310K. I had the injectors rebuilt by Bean at 261K. Since day one I have changed the oil every 3K miles. It has the following extras:

4.10 gears with truetrac differentials in both axles
    Electric fuel pump system w/walbro pump using ideas from TomS and TimC63
    Tymar intake
    3" downpipe and 4" exhaust
    Stealth twin HPOP using a 15* and 17* pumps
    Southbend Con-O clutch with a Southbend 1 piece flywheel
    Banks intercooler kit
    Beans Stage 1 injectors
    Beans 4 position chip for the injectors
    Gauge Pillar with Autometer Pyro and Boost gauges
    140 Volt IDM
    Class 4 hitch
    Michelin 265/75/16 tires with 50% tread left
    Just Va. state inspected in April/2009
    I have 1 set (pre and post) of fuel filters and 2 extra air filters for it.

The bed is kind of banged up as we have used the truck for gathering firewood, mulch, etc. It also has rust starting to form above both of the rear wheelwells. I am asking $6500/negotiable. I checked the Kelly bluebook value with the options and mileage and in fair condition it is listed at $5700. I am listing it for $6500 because of all the extra stuff it has. If it doesn't sell, I may consider parting it out, but would really like to sell it as it sits. It runs great and is still used to this day as our daily driver, putting about 70 miles on it a day. I can be reached at 703-753-1965 or 703-447-8472. The truck is located in Haymarket, Virginia.

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

really nice truck, but your price is probably about a grand high given all that mileage. i just bought a 1996 F350 and i can tell you for the sure the market around here for that truck is closer to $5000-$5500 - based on your description and pictures. parting it out would be an absolute shame.
  3. 96 F350 4X4

My price is negotiable, and I would hate to part it out being that I bought it new and it does have a little bit of sentimential value, but the extras on the truck are easily a couple grand. Granted, these add-ons wouldn't benefit anyone who would use this truck for plowing, and would hate to spend the time to remove all of it, but they are on the truck as it is.

One other thing, as far as the mileage is concerned, the truck has been in the shop 1 time, when it was 2 or 3 years old for a cam position sensor. Still has the original rear brake shoes, and is on it's 2nd set of front brake pads. That's more than I can say for the new (to me) 2006 Dodge I just bought that at 36K miles needs ball joints and brakes already. The truck is extremely reliable, although I would have a hard time convincing someone who doesn't know me and the truck with the given milage.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  4. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

310 000 miles. i think bout 1200 bucks
  5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Your ignorance and or your age are showing. Keep negative comments to yourself. These trucks are still in high demand even with the mileage.
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

3 months ago I sold a 1995 just like it with 172,000 on it, new transmission and 30,000 on the motor. I got $5000.00 for it
  7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

It's a nice truck. Good luck with the sale.
  8. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

My '96 has 295k on it. Front rebuilt about 10k miles ago along w/ some other updating. I would rather drive that thing across country than my '08 Honda minivan. Do yourself a favor, KEEP IT. Don't let some other guy beat you down on price and tell you "300k miles, it's just not worth much to me." The local diesel shop here services a '97 7.3 with over 700k and an '01 7.3 w/ 820k as of March. Guy just bought a '99 w/ 650k, flushed the tranny and drove it to Georgia and back.
    These older 7.3 engines have a little less power than the new ones, but they're rock solid.
  9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

awesome truck, wish i had all those mods done to mine! Good luck with whatever you do with it, and if you do decide to part it out, please get a hold of me nickv13412@aol.com
  10. 96 F350 4X4

Thanks for the kind words guys.
  11. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

If it was a crew cab, it would be in my driveway already.
  12. 96 F350 4X4

LOL, if it was a crew cab, I'd be keeping it.
  13. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Where I'm from that truck at that price would be a steal. The OBS Fords around here have all rotted out years ago from the salt. Heck, my '01 F350 with 1/3 the milage as yours just had to have the body work done this spring. Stay firm on the price, the truck will have plenty of life in it yet!
  14. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Of course, it's gotta be a stick...
  15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Its not to far off. That truck should be listed at about 2500. Cant be much left in a 7.3 at 375k. Its a good looking rig but that truck owes him nothing. He bought new and probably paid about 20k for it 13 years ago.
  16. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

17. 96 F350 4X4

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that.
  18. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

You can't be serious...I can personally show you 4 of them with more than double that mileage.
  19. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I wish you much luck in the sale...if I didnt just buy a truck, a trip to get this would be worth it.

By the way...decided to KBB it in my area...now I may have an option or two wrong, but in FAIR condition for private party...$6,085. I see reasonability in your asking price (kind of like saying...$500 over for perf. mods etc.)...like M&M said, try it on another place also, if you are truly intent on moving this truck. If you have the means...you could consider Raymond's tip and keep it also.
  20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Fair price = A price two people agree on.