1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 F350 Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by linckeil, Nov 28, 2009.

1. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

here's some pics of my 1996 f350 i bought back in may to replace my 1986 f250. the factory setup i was after and i found in this truck was 351 engine, e4od trans, 4.10 gears, towing package, cab lights, rear sliding window, and XL package - i didn't want power anything. manual windows, locks, no carpet - i like to keep it simple.

i searched for this truck for 7 months before finding it. body is in excellent shape. all original paint.

since purchasing it, i've done quite a bit of work - pulled motor to install new oil pan, new radiator support, FMS stainless shorty headers, bassani Y pipe, 70 series flowmaster, clean and paint engine, clean and paint frame to end of cab (will pull bed and do rest of frame in the spring), all new brake lines and transmission lines, transgo shift kit installation, rear end full locker, all new brakes, all new fluids. clean, paint, and swap plow from 86 f250, etc, etc - the list goes on.

the current rims/tires will come off probably next week and the stock steel rims with 235 85 16 snow tires will go on.

what do you guys think?

f3501.jpg

f3502.jpg

f3503.jpg

f3504.jpg

2. linckeil

from CT

here's a couple more....

f3505.jpg

f3506.jpg

f3507.jpg

3. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Sweeeeeet!!!

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice man. Did you find it locally? If i could find a clean 96 or 97 with the 7.3 i would buy one.

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, you can park it at my house :D

6. gkm

gkm Senior Member

loks like a work horse

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck. I bet it must plow good.

8. tat2d_diver

tat2d_diver Junior Member

Awesome truck. I had a 1996 F350 with a 460 & 5 speed, 4:10 gears, and Detroit lockers front & rear. The thing was a beast, wish I still had it. Yours looks great!! :nod:

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

really nice truck. good luck with it.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking truck and I wish you didn't have to take the bumper of with the old plow set ups

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sweet truck! I never liked how the old school Meyer and Westerns sat behind the bumper. Pretty hack to me. Fisher designed it right to go in front of the bumper.

12. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck. I have a 1994 F350 and I just put new tires on the stock rims, they are 235/85/16 like you mentioned, and they looked so small on such a big truck.

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

well thats because fisher knows what they are doing :p how have ya been banks??

14. linckeil

from CT

thanks guys. the front bumper can go back on, but it would be just spaced out from its factory location. i'm gonna leave it off for now and then make some brackets in the spring.

i did find it locally. only about 5 miles from me. funny how that worked out after searching for so long...

can't wait to get our first snow and see how she does.

15. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

How many miles?

16. linckeil

from CT

bought it with 95,000, has 96,000 now.

17. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Nice truck. Now lets see the engine and interior.

18. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Wow very cool. How do you like the shift kit? Feel like it's helped alot? I've got a 96 F250 and i've kinda been thinking about a shift kit but i'm not sure how much it would do? Would you recommend yours?

19. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

That truck is straight- pretty rare to see one so rust free. Post up some pics of the motor and frame. Real nice.

20. linckeil

from CT

here's some pics of the motor and engine bay prior to reassembly. i'll get some pics of the interior and completed engine compartment.

as for the shift kit, i love it. highly recommended. nice, firm shifts. that means less slippage, less wear, and lower trans temps. the e4od's die of high temps. an auxilary trans cooler is the first priority (the factory gave me one with the towing package), followed by a shift kit. i got my kit for $60. transgo makes a more expoensive kit used for serious towing, but i didn't need that. its cheap insurance to protect the most expensive (and overlooked) part of your drivetrain.

f350 5.8 1.JPG

f350 5.8 3.JPG

f350 5.8 4.JPG

f350 5.8 5.JPG

f350 engine bay.JPG