1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 f-350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mackman, May 15, 2011.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Well as some of you may know. This is the truck that a member was selling on here. I have to say that 90plow (Eric) was a stand up guy to deal with. Everything he said was 100% true and didn't lie to me about anything. I did end up getting the back-rack and the light bar too.

The underside is rusty but not that bad for being a 15year old plow truck. The truck runs like a champ. It fires right up and idles smooth. The tranny shifts very smooth as well even under a full pedal. The plow could use a paint job but thats about it. Works great. Overall i think i got a hell of a nice set up for the money.

Here are some pics. I plan on tinting the windows and trying one of the DIY spray on bedliners. Also looking for a toolbox for the bed. I will update this thread as i slowly fix her up over the next couple months.

2. Mackman

from S.E. PA

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice new toy Mackman! Gonna put all three to work next winter?
  4. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Very nice, Good luck with it.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks very clean. It should serve you well. Good luck with it.

I hope your Dad is doing better.
  6. Mackman

from S.E. PA

I hope so

Thanks for asking about my dad. As much as i hate to say this but he is going downhill. He is feeling better and is up moving around more. But we got bad news on friday that the cancer is now in his liver. Just taking it day by day.
  7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

sorry to hear that news about your dad . a very close friend of mine had cancer that spread to the liver all i can say is stay around and cherrish the days he has.
  8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Beautiful truck. If I was going to buy a Ford thats the truck it would have to be, Ive been looking to pickup a nice clean 7.3 just cant justify it right now.
  9. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Nice obs Mackman.
  10. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

How much $$$ I like it
  11. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

You have a nice fleet coming together... love the OBS

Sorry to hear about your dad...
  12. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Any pictures of the undercarriage? Rust? I was eyeing this truck and would have been more serious if it were a 5 speed.
  13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

the first picture is the best, nice truck it was just to far from me....... hope your dad feels better and he stays with you guys longer than they think.
  14. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

I'm very sorry to here about your dad.

That is a very good looking truck I had been eying it myself but also deemed it to far to drive a new truck. Was the rust on the fenders fixed?

Hoping to hear better news about your dad,

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  15. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your dad and hope he gets better soon. Keep ya head up. Nice obs I am currently looking for a obs for myself but to bad it is not a manual tranny
  16. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm very sorry to here about your dad.

Nice OBS Ford. Does that have a Power Stroke or an International? Are you going to leave that plow on or put a Fisher on it like your other truck?
  17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

18. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Looks great!

On another note, I know I'm a complete stranger, but my dad passed away last May of Stage 4 Pancreatic and Liver cancer after a tough battle of 4 months. If you just want to talk, feel free to PM me.

I am only 20, and this has been the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.
  19. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Mackman, nice truck! And also sorry to hear about your dad.
  20. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

I don't kno Wat id do w/o my ad