1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 F-350 OBS guys heres your truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 90plow, Feb 25, 2011.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Truck is a 1996 F-350 with 67,000 miles 7.3 turbo diesel. Everything works to my knowledge Truck is an XLT with power windows, locks, A/C (probably needs a charge), power mirrors, 4x4 am fm cd (newer head unit) The truck is in decent shape for its age has minor rust bubbles starting to appear. Needs a glow plug job since it wont start unless you plug it in when its below 40degrees F. Just put in new fuel and oil filters, rebuilt the plow pump new hoses as well, new tire rod, new 4x4 shift linkage, newer tires, new cutting edge on the plow, new head unit, all new brakes, also had the tranny fluid and filter changed. The interior of the truck is far from perfect. I have one too many trucks right now and would like to unload this one.
    PM me or call me 973-945-8969. Truck will be available in the middle of march I need it until then but want to get the ball rolling and get a buyer. Price is 8,700 with the plow and salter included. Light bar and rack are coming off unless I get a decent price. But with the plow and salter I would like to get a little more. I like feed back if you think its a good price let me know if im nuts also let me know.

2. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

She looks like a nice rig.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

looks great in those pics. you'll regret selling it. it's tough to "upgrade" from one of the best trucks ever built.

based on the pics, price is the ballpark. its probably a good starting point for negotiation. you may be better off fixing the glow plug issue - it may scare some people away.
  4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Its a good truck I just don't have the need for it right now and if I let it sit it will get ruined by not using it. The truck isnt perfect but what 15 year old plow truck is? I know the glow plugs might scare some but a good mechanic might like the truck or someone who can do it. I hate to throw more money at something I want to get rid of. I already have too much invested in it as it is.
  5. fozzy

fozzy Member

pics of the interior please and is that a unimount on the truck
  6. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

yup its a unimount
  7. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Is it a 5 speed? I've been looking for a 96-97 F350 powerstroke forever.
  8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

it says that it had the fluid and filter changed in the trans so its an auto
  9. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Missed that one, nevermind, wanted a five speed.
  10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck, bump it up
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Well i cant say you are nuts as I have no idea what these things are worth but I want this thing. $5000 for just the truck?
  12. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Glow plugs are easy, took me <3 hours of very unfocused attention. The cost was not too bad either as I remember it ~$200.
    Bump for a nice ride!

13. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Nice looking truck. Price seems to be in the ballpark. Like cotter said glow plugs are relatively easy, someone with a tool set and some mechanical knowledge could handle that task.

Good luck with the sale.
  14. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

glow plugs cost $13 ONLY ONLY MOTORCRAFT or BERU glow plugs. Not any different brands or you regret when cheapo glow plugs broke tip inside.

That definably nice shape. I wish I could buy that one.
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

In a rare moment here on ps to the long time members. I'm going to do something very weird, I'm going to agree with Milwaukee. lol

x2 on only using Motorcraft glow plugs in the 7.3's.
  16. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

interior could make a big difference. Definetly get some pictures up. Where Are you located?
  17. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

how is the underside and the tires? haha this is one of those notorious fuel tank rusting leaf shackle breaking trucks but it still looks pretty nice its a beast. also is this ball joints or mini king pins?
  18. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

That is a very nice looking truck, some of the OBS fords were real head turners.......I'm looking but want an extra cab, new body style, 7.3 short bed.....Anyone got one??

Bumping a NICE truck
  19. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Where else are you going to find an abs truck with this kind of mileage? What do you mean by ball joints or mini king pins? The underside is no show winner thats for sure and a friend of mine had the shackles fall out on his so I check them out every once in a while with a screw driver and theyre still solid. The salkter may scare some guys but I bought the tuck last year from another friend of mine who I used to work for and the truck never once had a salter in it. I know when I brought it to the trans guy he had worked on the truck before for various issues and said the trans was in good shape when I had it cleaned and new fluid. Just changed out the tie rod because the passenger side was shot and the driver side is fine. Also failed to mention I just did a brake job all the way around with new pads on the rear and new pads and rotors on front.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  20. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

that truck has ball joints. it was the pre 92 or so trucks that had the king pins.