1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Dodge Ram with 2005 Meyer 7.5

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Stark_Enterprises, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Here is my Nice Little 1/2 ton Ram. That hate to get rid off it, but I am just not getting the use out of it that i thought I would. Here are the details. A very Clean 1996 Dodge Ram. Regular Cab , 6 foot bed, 4 x4 , 5.9 liter - 360 Ci engine , 128k, Power Windows, Power Locks, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, CD , Tilt Wheel, Towing package, Nicer Wheels, Center Console with After market Cup holder.

I bought this truck in Early December 2005 from a Dealer in New Jersey whom I found on Ebay. Shortly After I bought it I had the Meyer 7.5 Foot Ez mount snow plow installed at New England Truck Equipment in Wallingford, CT. The truck was used to plow about 3 Snow storms last year and Ran great except for the fact it was over heating a little bit with the plow on. I then researched it and found a TSB at www.dodgeram.org explaining that if the truck overheated Replace the Stock Fan Clutch with a Heavy duty Clutch. I proceeded to do this and ever since the truck will NOT even go above 200 degrees with the plow on going 50mph+. Other Maintenance I have performed on truck is oil changes every 3k miles, Major Tune up , Tranny Service, Transfer Case service, Coolant flush, rear brake shoes , and new front shocks, and installed dual steering stabilizer kit. I have Receipts for all this work including the installation of the plow. The Tires still have about 60% tread left on them.

The few negatives about my truck are : yes it dose have some small dents and scratches in the paint. BUT NOTHING at All Major! , The Drives side seat has the infamous Dodge Tear that is about 3 inches long, The display light on the Cd player is burnt out- radio still works perfectly. The truck did not come with rear speakers as i think the previous owner took them out. the truck could use a new track bar but it is NOT Imperative, I have been meaning to do this, but just havn't found the time . other people that have driven this truck says it handles fine.and that i'm to picky when it comes to handling....maybe i am.

Anyways if your interested in this truck please Contact me via PM or email - astark907@msn.com , office phone - 203- 265-9275 , or cell phone - 203-537-9101.
    I am Going to Ask a Firm price of ...$ 7,000.00.

Truck is absolutely great for plowing those small PITA driveways which is the reason I bought it, but I now am starting to scale down in the residential market. This Truck is being advertised on a couple different websites ,and advertised locally in newspapers and it can also be seen on a Lot on Rt 10 in Hamden. This Truck won't last long. If your interested please contact me ASAP.. Thank you! and now for the pics.........

black 1.jpg

black 2.jpg

black 3.jpg
  2. Stark_Enterprises

more pics................I had more than this but im now having trouble loading them.....I will get pictures of the interior tomorrow.....

black 4.jpg

black 5.jpg

black 6.jpg

black 7.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Nice truck wish i had the $$ to buy it. While your taking pics tomorrow how about taking some of those other nice trucks i see hiding in the background and put them up in one of the equip picture forums.
  4. Stark_Enterprises

Some interior pics...............

black 9.jpg

black 10.jpg

black 11.jpg

black 12.jpg

black 13.jpg
  5. Stark_Enterprises

6. Stark_Enterprises

toping it off again...shoot me an offer.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

damn it sags HARD in the front. and thats with the plow down, post some pics with the plow up.
  8. Stark_Enterprises

Actaully it's not thattttttttttt Bad. It's at pretty much stock height for the front of a 1500 with and without the plow on it. I will take pics tomorrw with the plow up though. I was thinking about putting some 2500 springs on it or a set of timberens but it is Not Imperitive. With Some weight in the bed the truck actaully rides surprisingly well with the plow on it!

BTW...LOL at your Aviatar!!!!!!!!!!
  9. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Free bump for you AJ,
    I would def. buy this truck from him guys, hes a NO BS guy! What he says is true, I have bought a trailer and plow from him and both were perfect and he had nothing to hide about anything.
    If your a dodge guy, I would def. look into it if you are into a market,
    Oh ya, AJ, Bring your little Cummins up to Epping somtime, I'll let you see the power the d-max has ;-)
  10. Stark_Enterprises

yeah i had a 98 ram 1500 and it sagged like that with my curtis on it, maybe not quite that bad, and i got sick of it and bought some 2500 springs from ebay and tossed em on, they worked great,
  12. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

My buddy has a Cummins, just put a mass diesel tranny in it...Im still faster :-0
    Track opens in April, should come up a Wednesday if you can manage cause it's less busy, if not meet up a friday and do dinner or something after the races.
    BTW, they fixed the over heating problem...ahahahaa
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  13. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Is this truck for sale on DTR as well? Looks very familiar....Bump for a fellow green fueler!
  14. Stark_Enterprises

No it is not for sale over there...thanks for the bump

bump it up guys, ill attest to this truck being an awesome driveway truck, its nice and small, and will fit almost anywhere, i had the same truck last year, and it did great.
  16. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

1/2 ton Rams are a dime a dozen here. You'll have to come down in price big time. Sorry to say,most would rather spend the money on a 2500 and save alot of hassle.

It'll be a tough sell, regardless how "nice" it is. Having a plow on it isn't going to win any votes either. Good luck.
  17. Stark_Enterprises

Bumping this up again..its still is for sale..Anyone care to give a bid?

Blue Ram..i sent ya a pm
  18. Stark_Enterprises

Hey Guys This Truck is For Sale Again... It Still looks the same in the pictures above, except for the fact that there is NO plow on it any more, and it has a flip up tonneau cover. I also just Replaced the Cylinder heads with new ones, (I had a bad exhaust valve on Cyl.#8). While doing that job I replaced every necessary Gasket. The Truck is Running Excellent right now and has approximately 132,000 miles. I am just no longer in need of owning this truck as i already have two other ones. this truck has a lot of life left, and i would not hesitate in putting another plow on it.
    My Starting price is $5000.00 or Best offer. Thanks- The same contact info applies ,which is listed on post#1.