1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Dodge Question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by camopainter, Jan 15, 2009.

1. camopainter

camopainter Junior Member

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying a 1996 Dodge 1500 to put my old Fisher Speedcast on. The plow is currently on my 1968 Scout 800. It is the hydraulic belt driven pump with the two rods that go through the dash for the controls under the hood. I am wondering if they make a serpentine pulley for the old pumps and has anyone here ever put that type of setup on a Dodge around that year. The old Scout it getting too moody so it might be time to move to a newer truck if I can swap my gear over fairly easily. Thanks for any help or advice!

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I have never seen a serpentine pulley for those pumps, but I have seen conversion pulleys that replace the crank with a V and a Serpentine.

Not sure anything other than the blade itself and the pump would work- the frame are nothing alike and they went to cable control from rods back in the 70's....
    Besides, the Dodge will never measure up to what that Scout can do- I love Dodge, but I know Scouts!

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You would have to fabricate to much stuff to make it work.

Can you? Anything is possible.
    Should you? NO!

See if you can sell the old Scout w/plow on it and use that money to find a decent used plow for the Dodge.