1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Dodge dually with Cummins and a heavy Fisher 8.5 V plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Don't know if this info will help anyone out, but I figured I would put it on here if anyone ever needed it.

We had been told that its not a very good thing to run a v plow on the front of this truck, due to the weight of the engine and the load on the front end. But I gave this guy(one of my plow buddies) a deal on my old plow and we were going to chance it. It took us about 4 hours for the truck mounts (they were a *****) and all the truck wiring (isolation module,controls,vehicle harness etc,,.) . Anyway, we got her all hooked up and was very hesitant about lifting to see what it actually did to the truck :rolleyes: . Tour surprise, with no ballast in the rear, it only lowered the front a total of 1.25" :angel: . Then we took her for a test drive and everything was good. So we stopped by the local establishment :drinkup: and welcomed a new rig to our fleet :bluebounc