1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 chevy truck 5.7 350 vortec spider injectors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RED_RIDERTB, Oct 8, 2008.

1. RED_RIDERTB

RED_RIDERTB Junior Member

Has anyone replaced one of these before? Are they hard to do? Does anyone have detailed instruction with pics they could share? Thanks:confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's not a hard job, just have to take your time and keep your eyes open if its your first one.

Main thing is ensuring everything is clean before installing the new spider assembly...namely the injector poppet holes in the intake. You want to clean those of all traces of carbon/varnish build up well to give the poppet O-rings a good seal.

3. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

like b & b said, its not very hard, just pay attention and it will not be very hard. as long as your mechanically able to i dont see it being a issue. just make sure you torque everything back to spec when your done.

4. RED_RIDERTB

RED_RIDERTB Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys:drinkup:

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Mark the distributor, I hold the wire harness out of the way with a bungee to the wiper arm. There is a clamp on the drivers side head holding the fuel lines, the bolt can be a bugger you will still have to tweek (bend) the lines slightly. Don't loose the o-rings on the ends of the fuel lines sometimes they come out with the line sometimes they stay in the manifold. Be sure to put in a new pressure regulator while you are in there. If you haven't done intake gaskets yet you might as well do them, they WILL go bad use Fel-Pro. Make sure you get a distributor gasket it doesn't come with the gasket set.

6. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I didn't think you had to remove the distributor to just take off the upper part of the intake. I would like to do this upgrade to my 98 with the 5.7L at some point.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You don't, only when pulling the lower half.

8. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

One big key is when removing the fuel lines Make sure to notice if the plastic retainers and o ring are sticking to the lines If so u can push them back down as ur pulling the lines from the plenium If u dont notice there stuck on the lines sometimes they fall of and go missing then it is like $60 for retainers and o rings. Also lube the new oval o ring It will help bigtime with re asselmbley. It is not a hard job.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Your right just have done so many intake gaskets I wasn't thinking of JUST doing injectors.