1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Chevy Push Plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DLS1369, Oct 14, 2009.

1. DLS1369

DLS1369 Junior Member

Looking for Push plates for a 1996 Chevy Tahoe in the Minnesota Area. Let me know what you got and wear. Thanks Diesel

2. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

3. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

do u have the frame mounts as well,if so a pic would be great,I live in cape breton

4. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

What do you mean by the frame mounts? I just have the two push plates that mount onto the bottom of the truck for attaching the plow to the truck...

5. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

do you have a pic,I got a plow off a ford trk that I am trying to put on my 92gmc,but I need to know what the mounts look like,also how much do u want for them,I just thought I could use 2 flat pieces welded to pushplates and bolted where tow hooks were,any help would be great,and it prob wouldn't cost too much to have them shipped to me,just over on the ferry

6. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

Nope wouldnt cost to much to get them shipped.
    I am asking $275 for them

[​IMG]

They look just like this

They will mount directly to your 92 GMC and allow you to put your headgear and blade right on the truck. I just removed them from my 1996 and 1988-1998 is the same.

May be able to do a bit better on the price considering shipping cost.

7. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

hi when i was under the trk yesterday i noticed there was a hole in the frame rail on the inside on driver side,do u know what i could use to fix this,like whick size plate,also is there much strain put on that,keep in mind I am only using for my yard and will take it easy

8. PaulT

PaulT Junior Member

Not uncommon on these frames. Had my passenger side fixed last summer & will have the driver's side done soon. I believe the shop used something in the area of 3/16" plate.

9. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

right on,do u know if they used a mig welder or a stick welder? I want to use my mig but I can never get it to work right.it always keep spitting,I never get a nice frying sound,and then it seems like the wire gets jammed and I gotta take it all apart,it is a gas/no gas welder,I have gas hooked up,do u know what the problem could be?

10. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

You probabally are not getting a good enough ground on your welder. Make sure you grind off a spot on your chassis to put the ground. What kind of welder do you have and what is the rated output? I have a Miller and it puts out 135 Amp at I think about 22 VDC. If You have a simliar output welder you will want to have it up as high as it will go (welding 3/16" plate you shouldnt have to worry about burning threw it) and your wire feed at about 3 or 4 depending on how fast you can "puddle". But my bet is your not getting a good enough ground.

11. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

it is a clarke 85en,I find since it was new it was always spitting,what is the best size wire I should be using,also how much gas pressure should I use?

12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

are you using a flux wire with the gas? That will make it splatter a bunch. I'd say .30 gauge wire with the Argon set at 35-40 psi. If your welding something thick, you'll need the heat setting close to max as well as the wire feed.