1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Chevy Blazer Plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ethangerhardt, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Ethangerhardt

Ethangerhardt Junior Member

Im new here and i was wondering what is a good plow for my 96 chevy blazer. Its the s10 blazer. I plow with my uncle alot and he is a dodge man. I would like to get my own plow for my blazer but im not sure what a good brand is. Thanks

2. acornish

acornish Senior Member

depends on how much u are planning to do and how much u wanna spend--- for home use or a few drives, fisher has a home plow thats nice even meyer has one these are around 3400-- or if u want cheep get a snowbear 1400 bucs --- and IMO nothing bigger then 7ft should be on the front of it

3. Ethangerhardt

Yeah i spent most of my day yesterday looking at a plow for it and you cant find any used ones. I just figured id go out and buy a 3/4 ton truck for plowing instead. Thanks

4. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

You'd be surprised by that blazer. There's a couple guys around here using them. One plows a church parking lot. He's smart, and plows with the storm, but his job is always done.

Id prefer a 3/4 myself, but those little trucks have their place.

5. Ethangerhardt

Yeah my buddys dad has a 91 blazer with a snowway plow on it. There pretty torquey for there size. I know ive hauled our 25 foot camper before with mine but i got heavy duty springs in the rear and it didnt sage at all. It was a pain in the but to back up but other than that it was alright. Does anybody know if i could just buy the mounting kit from snowway and than buy the plow from my buddy.

6. WILDCHLD

WILDCHLD Junior Member
    from chicago

i plow with a 2000 blazer 2dr with a 6'6 western unimount and it does jus fine also plowed with a 1989 s10 pickup with same plow and never had a problem

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have a 97 blazer with a 720 blizzard on it. Plows great

8. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I plow with a 95 GMC Jimmy 6'6" Western UniMount standard duty. It does very very well doing driveways, small lots, short lanes, and apt. complexes. Even in a 20" blizzard plowing 30 plus hours straight nothing broke! The 4.3L engine is only two cylinders shy of a Chevy small-block V8. Used plows are out there. Now is the time to find one. I know Snow Dogg makes new setups for this truck at a great price too.