1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 chevy 2500 w/ plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by blaryslawn, Feb 20, 2010.

1. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

Hey guys, I am throwing around the idea of selling one of my trucks. its a 96 chevy 2500 silverado. 4x2. all power options. a/c cruise etc... it has 217k on it and the truck runs like it has 20k on it.... it does not leak, knock, burn oil, anything. no rust. great oil pressure. Auto trans and it shifts fine... nothing wrong with the truck. I wouldnt hesitate to get in it and drive across country. Also has an 8' western pro poly unimount. The plow is about ten years old and in good condition. The mount on the truck is only about four years old. I have rewired the plow because the truck has the new style wiring on it with the isolation module. I have the handheld controller and the joystick controller. Only reason I'm thinking about selling it is to replace it with a 3500 dump. Not too sure what I want for it nor do I really know what its worth, just figured I'd put it on here and see what interest it brings... let me know what you guys think. value...offers...etc one thing is, i will sell the truck alone or with the plow... but i will not sell just the plow... thanks

IMG00081.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

Guess no one is interested? lol

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The demand for a 4x2 with a plow is non existant unless it's a dually dump truck.

I think you will be better off taking the plow off and seperating the 2 in order to sell it faster

4. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

and a price may help sell it

5. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

If it had a price and was closer I would love to have this truck!

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll give you $500

He didn't post a price. He's fishing.

7. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

fishing is for the summertime!!

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Really a 4x2 3/4 ton in Iowa seems like a losing proposition trying to plow with it

9. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

I didnt put a price up because I was going to see what imput I got on the value of the truck and what interest it drew. Yea I understand the 4x2 issue. It does plow fine, we had a few this year around a foot and it did pretty good... the only issue is getting from property to property when the roads are bad. I guess chains could help... I am just looking at a 3500 dump and thought about selling this one... I dont need to sell it but dont really need the extra truck. I normally use it for one of my lawn crews. I checked the value of the truck itself and its about 3900.... with the plow, Im thinking around $5000

10. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Just plowing driveways for me and a buddy of mine and maybe a couple other friends so I don't need anything fancy. I just would like to find something cheaper with a plow that I can use.

11. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

that aint the truck for u 2wd aint going up any hill..........

12. kashman

3800 truck and plow 217000 is lots of mil

13. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Not plowing up any hills. But since you dont seem to think I can make a 2wd work I will now pass on the truck and shop somewhere else.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

2wd won't go up hills?

15. kashman

not plowing it aint god forbid you pull in 2 a pile 2 far stuck stuck

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hmm. That's interesting. Someone better tell all the municipalities around here. And me too! I've done lots of plowing uphill in 2wd. I don't use 4wd much at all, in fact.

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I can just imagine the words I would create while trying to plow in that. Imagine being stuck in a driveway and the only way it will move is sideways into the customers car or house.

Studded rear tires and maybe even studded front tires with 1000# in the back might work. There is a guy around here that plows with a Dodge 2500 ext cab long bed 2wd diesel. He uses studded rear tires and has a salt brine sprayer in the rear.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I plow with that same truck, except 4wd. It's tough enough to get around in driveways with an ECLB when you know you can lean on 4wd if you go a bit too far. That truck would be OK for flat parking areas. Put some good studded snows and about 3000 lbs in the bed.

19. kashman

they aint plowing in the small trucks

20. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

I have three trucks, two of them being 4x4... I rarely even put it in four wheel drive when plowing. And we have had three storms over 12" this year. This truck has done just fine... I actually use it at a walmart. One thing I dont like to do with it is run up and down the road hitting the small properties because it is 4x2, but thats just me. If you know how to drive it, you can push alot of snow with this truck. I have. And I have pushed up plenty of hills... just need some weight in the back. You just have to be smart about it, I have actually got my 4x4 stuck more times than I ever have in this 4x2 truck... 4x4 gives people a false sence of security. lol......
    and to the 3800 offer... I know the truck has 217k on it but It probably runs better than most similar trucks with 50k or less on it.