1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kingx49, Sep 18, 2009.

1. kingx49

kingx49 Junior Member

I wanna get a new truck and put a plow on it. The truck im interested in has a 10in lift and 33in tires. Would this be a good truck? or is it sitting to High? This will be my first season plowing. Please help thank you
  2. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

off the top of my head I would have to say no, that sounds like a toy not a work/utility vehicle. the tires may not be worth a crap in the snow ( not sure I have never had 33's on any of my trucks) and the angle of the plow A-frame may be too steep to work properly.

I would suggest you get a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton and leave it stock.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a pic of this truck?
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A lifted truck is NO good for plowing.
    Do a search on the site and this has been discussed many many times.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That truck is not for plowing. But it sounds like a sweet truck.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A ten inch lift is mulch to mulch for plowing purposes, stock height is mulch preferable.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Man, I wanted pics:cry:
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mulch anticipated huh?
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, very mulch so.

You just have to be different, don't you. Bold and italics? You so crazy.

Usually you hear guys asking if they can run 38s on a four inch lift, not the other way around.
  10. supersteve1191

supersteve1191 Member

what if you fab something up to drop the plow level?? I wanna lift my truck..3in body 6in suspension. but I wanna make sure i can make money with it to...but 33's with 10inches of lift..seems like the tires are small in my opinion.
  11. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

I used to plow with a 79 K20 with 10" lift and 36" Buckshot mudders. Naturally the plow frame was modified because of the lift kit. Best plow truck I ever had.
  12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

How many plow trucks have you had?
  13. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Five, with that one being my second.
  14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Was it the best because it was lifted, or just your favorite? Trying to determine if lifting is better to plow with or just looks cool :cool:
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  15. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Was probably the best because of the size and type of tire I ran. That truck went through anything with ease. I also found it easier to see over snow banks because of the height of the truck.

Here's a pic when it had a rotten Meyers blade on it. I later replaced it with a Western blade that was in much better shape.

79 K20.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009