1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Kollerman, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

A guy around me is selling his 1996 Chevy 1500. It has 160,000 miles on it and the guy only used it to plow his driveway after he bought it from the previous owner. He said it has never let him down and starts up first thing in the morning no matter what the weather. He bought a new truck and plow, so he has no need for this one now.

He has it up for sale for $5000 and said he just wants to get it off his property. What do you think would be a reasonable offer? Would $3500 or $3750 be low balling?

Also, I forgot to ask the guy how old the plow is. Anyone have any idea on a year?

Pics are below.

Jeremy

truck_front[1].jpg

truck_left_side[1].jpg

truck_right_side[1].jpg

2. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

A few more pics....

Here is a few more pictures of the plow......

plow_assembly[1].jpg

plow_raised[1].jpg

3. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

that's a nice setup.

4. DodgeRam1996

DodgeRam1996 Senior Member

Tough call. The truck looks like it is in good condition for it's age, but looks won't tell you what condition the transmission is in...

Pros:

Looks good
    Plow already setup

Cons:

Pin strips

Check com comparables in your area, if there are none, offer $3500 and set your own limit on how much the truck is worth to you.

I don't think $3500 is a bad offer, dude probably wants more ($4200-$4500) though.