1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 Bronco w/7.5 Western Unimount, $4500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by affekonig, Jan 25, 2011.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I've only been out three times this winter and this truck has only plowed 2.5 of those storms (less than 15 hours total). I have no reason to own two trucks, so I am listing "the one" with regret. Here's my craigslist ad:

It looks like I'm selling my 96 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer. It's completely loaded with pw, pl, cruise, remote entry, overhead console, electronic shift 4x4, auto trans, good BFGoodrich ATs, leather, 5.8L, etc and everything works including the back window, cruise and ac. I bought this truck last spring from the owner that bought it in 97, so I'm basically the second owner. This is my 10th Bronco and drives nicer than ones I've had with half as many miles. It cleans up well too. It has newer greaseable ball joints (all 4), a new fuel pump, brand new radiator and hoses, front brakes, front springs (brand new for an F250 Diesel), exhaust, radius arm bushings, etc. The truck had never had a hitch on it until I bought it and I also set it up to plow. It has always led an easy life. It has towed once: my wife's stripped Accord from Lisle to Aurora on a lightweight aluminum trailer. I bought it to set up as the perfect plow truck with F250 Diesel front springs to hold the weight and a Western Unimount 7.5' pro plow because I love them. It's been out plowing twice in it's life: one time for 6.25 hours and once for 3.5 hours and they were both this year and both in two small snowfalls. Again, it's been and easy 158k and you would not believe it has that many miles. I have 4 cars right now including 2 plow trucks and I work in an office and do very little plowing, so there's no need for this much stuff. $4500 (pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/papa-bear/sets/72157624163382839/)

Anybody that knows me on here knows I love OBS Fords and Broncos in particular. I bought this one as one of the nicest Broncos I've ever owned. Also, that's the original cutting edge on that plow. It was stored in a damp warehouse before I bought it, but used only a few times. This blade works perfectlyand is really, really solid. I've kept this one through all that I've had because it's been so reliable.

[​IMG]
    IMG00169-20110123-1207 by affekonig2000, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG00135-20110101-1331 by affekonig2000, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1996 Bronco by affekonig2000, on Flickr

2. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

very nice rig ! good luck with sale !

3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Thanks. I feel like I'm giving it away as there's no way I can replace it for this much. People spend more on a plow! This is a truck WITH a plow that will drive you anywhere...

4. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

If you still have this for sale please call me @ 262-569-1001, day or night, thanks Jim. Did you install the plow, or did you have someone else do it?

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I also realized the other day that I can't find the title...yet. It IS titled in my name at my address and I have all of the paperwork (tax receipt, registration, etc) and en email from the state saying that it must have been lost in the mail, but that it's not an issue to sell it. If a buyer is interested before the new title gets to me, I fill out a form available at any DMV/currency exchange that allows the state to issue a new title in the new owner's name. No big whoop, but thought I should mention it. Again, I have the registration, just never got the title in the mail/lost it as I was between houses when it would have come.

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

158k aint sh1t on that truck.....my 96 is still running strong at 260k

8. 01lariat

01lariat Member

SHARP
    Boy I sure wish I was less poor. Need a kidney?

9. oneblade

oneblade Junior Member
    from usa

Where are you located?

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

This might be back for sale if anybody's interested. I'm not really taking offers - it either sells for $4500 or doesn't sell. I just don't know how much plowing I'll be doing next year and I don't really need it otherwise.

11. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Anybody? The ac works really well...

12. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I wanna buy a new Harley...

13. RMC LANDSCAPING

RMC LANDSCAPING Member
    from Chicago

hahah!!!!!