1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1996 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DareDog, Oct 8, 2010.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

have 1996 1500 and for some reason the cruise dosent work, it did then it stopped working. check fuse and it looks fine. ? :mechanic:

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Check to make sure that the cable isnt broke. Does the cruise light come on? the cable runs right alongside the accelorator cable. Could be a bad cruise module as well. Any codes? Any additional info could help.

3. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I could be wrong but check your brake lights. Brake circuit and cruise work together.

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Look at your cruise control lever, mine had a fray on it where it comes out of the controller and into the shaft that locks into the steering column. It then runs down to the CC module so I had to buy a new lever.

5. DareDog

"service engine soon" light has been on for while now, always said o2 sensor bank 1, and says something about brake clutch?

6. DareDog

some how did something got it worknig again and now it stopped worknig again, somethign with brakes? if i remeber right.

7. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

There is a brake light switch just behind the brake pedal. Check to make sure of proper operation and adjustment. Do your brake lights operate correctly? Does overdrive in your transmission engage? Does your torque converter lock up correctly? What did you do to get it working? Get us more info and we'll help you fix it :)

8. DareDog

not sure what my dad did i think he searched on google and found something tried it and it worked,

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  9. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

Please read my last response and let me know what you find. Thumbs Up