1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Ram 2500 4X4 Problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by LawnProLandscapes, Aug 13, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

My buddy has a 95 ram 2500 w/ cummins diesel in it and has had a problem with the 4x4 not locking in. tonight we finally worked on it and the vaccum had some rust so we cleaned it up and now its locking in but the dash lamp isn't coming on. i dont know much about the dodge's setup so anybody have an idea where to look on this whether it's a fuse or something else?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could be as simple as a blown bulb.

The switch that activates the 4WD light is located on the T-case, threaded into it near the top on the dr side. Should have two wires, one black and the other gray. Disconnect the plug from the switch and ground the gray wire with a jumper. If the light now works then either the switch is defective or the black wire has lost it's ground somewhere.

If the light still doesn't work when jumped with the ground wire then I'd suspect the bulb, time to pull the inst cluster out.
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

thanks b&b ill give it a shot tomaroe and let you know how we make out :salute: