1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 ram 1500 mounting question (boss plow)

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by zutecht, Dec 6, 2009.

1. zutecht

zutecht Junior Member

Im in a jam there is snow forcasted for wednesday and cant finish two bolts on my frame.
    I have a boss 7,6 with an rt3 mounting system and have everything ready but the driver side bar that comes back from the mount. My problem is the frame is blocked with the part of the frame that comes across. its enclosed and imposible for a hand or tool to get the nut on and tighten it.

This may be confusing but if you have any helpful suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks

2. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

Zutecht:

I just installed my mount yesterday. You will need a special "U" bolt from BOSS that slide in one opening and out the other.

3. zutecht

zutecht Junior Member

Does it work out good? also what did it charge? i figured its a "U" bolt.

4. Sierrabarry

It works great. I put a cable tie on the "U" bolt untill I had both nuts threaded so I didn't lose the "U" bolt in the frame. Don't forget to cut the cable tie off if you go that route.

5. zutecht

zutecht Junior Member

Thank you for your help. It worked out great. Now all i do is sit and look out the window and watch the snow fall until it hits two inches.
    Thank you again

6. Sierrabarry

No problem! Have fun.