1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Plow Prep?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GLS, Dec 21, 2002.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Just picked up a 1995 Chevy 2500 with 63,000 miles. It came with a 7.5' Western Pro Plow. I just have a couple questions:

Is this truck considered a 2500 HD? That's what it said in the newspaper but it is an 8600 gvw.

Also, does the truck have a plow prep package with it? I don't know what all the package comes with, but it has an aux. trans. cooler but i'm not sure if it has a HD alternater? Is there a certain RPO code or something that would tell me if the truck was equipped with the package?

Thanks,
    Ryan

truck.jpg

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

That would be a 2500 HD for that era. BTW that is a nice looking truck. I am sure John DiMartino will be able to tell us what the RPO code is for plow prep. He told me last year when we picked up a 95 3500 series pick up, but I forget the number.
    the light duty 3/4 ton had a gvw around 7500 # I think.
    Dino

3. GLS

GLS Senior Member

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You also have the rear locker. code G-80
    Dino

5. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Cool, thanks.