1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 keeps blowing fuse

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by roteye38, Nov 22, 2010.

1. roteye38

roteye38 Member

1995 k2500 keeps blowing the parking lights and dash light fuse did this a month ago put fuse in and was working good till know put fuse in and turn dash light switch on blows right away any ideas were to start

2. Pro Lawn Care

Pro Lawn Care Member

plow on or off? kind of plow? any extra things you have added as far as lights? more info!

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would check all the grounds and connections that are related to those lights. Second it could be your dash switch is shot

4. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes adding accessories like off road lighting or higher wattage bulbs can burn the switch right up. The switch sounds like it got hot and melted wires together.{at the switch.}

5. roteye38

roteye38 Member

meyer plow plow is off all other lights work head blinker stop back up no other accessories added

6. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

i had this exact same problem... Mine was my horn, it had a short in the steering column... So we just disconnected it (the horn was broke anyway)...So dose ur horn work? seeing how it blows when u turn ur lights, im thinking its those wires...

7. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

if you have trailer lighting plug start there

8. roteye38

roteye38 Member

thanks rusty keg 3 un hooked the horn know blowen fuse