1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 k3500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by docsgmc, Dec 14, 2015.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

I just picked up this 1995 K3500. I have $2900 total investment. She needed a transmission that i just happened to have laying around. Its A 5.7 gasser with 44,000 hard miles on the clock. everything is working as it should. I will keep an eye out for a clean used dump bed. the chassis has no rot. She should make me some good payuppayup

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

pretty good deal looks pretty good.. is it 4x4? docent look like it
    you could probably find a nice tranny motor combo, an new chevy ls engine would be nice in there too
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Double check the plow mounts, that light tower looks to be leaning foward quite a bit.
  4. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

Looks nice! K3500 is 4x4. C3500 is 2x4. Did it come with the plow to for that price?
  5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

pretty nice for only having 2900. into it.
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 96, same engine 246k miles (396,000 km) plowed and pulled a trailer all it life, still used as a backup.
    You have to be careful with that trans but you can't go wrong with what you paid....
  7. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

Thanks guys. SHE's a 4x4 and came with the snow plow. Its an 8 1/2 foot western that works fine . the dump also works as it should but could use a little metal work.I paid $2,300 for the truck as you see it and put the transmission in. I had to put breaks on her and rear shocks. I have a 1998 2500hd that I have bin stripping for parts. The plow mount had 2 snaped bolts that I need to replace. Now all I need is snow!!
  8. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

No, that's a four by all day long.
  9. JustJeff

Just what???
  10. JustJeff

Yes. A little towards the driver's side, right? It could just be the angle of the camera or the ground. Regardless, hell of a truck for the money!
  11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I could tell it was a 4x4 just by looking at it. It's stance and the front tires stick out just a little more than a 4x2. A new LS engine for it? This is a work truck, not Gas Monkey Garage.

That truck is a deal for $2900 so far.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  12. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

His orginal Subject/Title line told everyone it was 4x4. That was why i pointed out in my earlier post. That was/is the C/K series of pickups. The C represented 2wd, and the K represented 4wd.
  13. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

Nice, you really scored getting the plow to. I'd love to find a deal like that. Could use a dump like that on my farm.
  14. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

great so far

This truck is good to go. The KYB shocks are great and the truck so far has no leaks and shifts great. 4x4 works as it should. very happy with this build.