1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 k2500 no reverse

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bgingras, Jan 7, 2009.

1. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

So I was out plowing this heavy mess today...first account I thought I was just slipping when in reverse as it was a bit slow to move...second account had an issue backing out up the hill, again figured tires were slipping, third account, no reverse at all...back here now, I drove it in, and it does nothing in reverse. It's a K2500 with 8600GVW..ideas before I have it towed out?

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Sounds like the reverse band is gone.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

You are most likely in need of a rebuild for that transmission...The reverse band sounds smoked!

4. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

yep, that's what I've been told...quoted $1500 for a complete rebuild with new TC...Guess it's getting towed in the AM

5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I had the tranny rebuilt in my 98 2500 (4L80E) back in november, it cost $1600 plus labour, the shop that rebuilt the tranny were surprised that it was the origional tranny with about 390,000km's and had been a work truck since new.

6. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

I'd have them route a nice aftermarket cooler as well, keeping the fluid cool will help any auto transmission..