1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 GMC K1500 pouring oil

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by brian621, Feb 11, 2012.

1. brian621

brian621 Junior Member

I just bought this truck two weeks ago. I put it into 4WD and went to push snow for the first time this morning. The truck lost oil pressure and was literally pouring oil. What can this be???

2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Did you check to see where the oil was coming from? Does it have an oil cooler and maybe a line let go?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

X2, pouring from where? First guess is an oil cooler line......................second guess is a rear main seal. Let's hope its the first one.

4. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

It could be a cooler. I have seen vehicles that have sat for long time rust a hole through the oil pan.

5. brian621

brian621 Junior Member

I didn't have a chance to check. I did the lot at work and haven't had time since. Thanks for the idea of a oil cooler. I was so enraged I didn't even think about that.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing there is a leak.

7. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

check oil filter and drain plug as well. loose or rust hole maybe????

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

So it lost pressure and started pouring oil yet you finished the lot?

I am thinking .if you're not educated enough to know where to look or what to do when something like this happens, you should sell the truck and keep your day job.

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

haha REAPER :laughing:

10. damian

damian Senior Member

posts like this are a fake, they are too stupid to be real.some kids are just lonely and bored.same as when you were a kid and called truckers names over the cb.his next post will be 'my truck wont run what could it be.' we got a whole helpless generation raised by thier mothers without a lick of sense,sad really.

11. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I call BS. It's obviously an electronic problem.
    [​IMG]

12. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Might be a leaky Tail gate!

13. chevyzrule810

Every GOOD truck owner who's bought a truck knows to bring a flashlight and a knowledgeable mechanic if they don't know what to look for with them to make sure that the truck is mechanically sound. That truck could have had a slow leak before you even bought it and you did it in when you were plowing. If you don't know what to look for then I would junk the truck and buy a prius put a hitch on it and tow around a snowblower.That way if something goes wrong you can put the snowblower on the trailer and bring it home.:laughing:

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why a Prius?

15. chevyzrule810

I just think it would be funny to see a prius towing a snowblower and something would be more likely to happen electrical on the prius causing him to go to the dealer and not having to post on here.:nod:

16. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

if your any were near rive ill help ya out

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So you think the Prius is less dependable because it has more electrical components?

And you think dealers are the only people that can work on them?

18. chevyzrule810

More dependable because it is electric and anyone can work on them I ment to say a repair shop,that's what happens when you work at a dealership.

19. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

Funny that the ******** OP has not chimed in to defend himself;I'd guess he is a fraud also!

20. chevyzrule810

Who is OP?