1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Ford F250 Belt has been changed out?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by LL&T, Jan 6, 2010.

1. LL&T

LL&T Junior Member

Hello I just bought a 1995 Ford F250 and the serpantine belt has been changed out? To two smaller belts. This is my first plow truck & plow I'm running a running a western pro 7-8 with ULTRAMOUNT. Would they have switched it to two belts to help the alternator? Any info would help.
    Thank you,
    Wayne

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

probably was in a bind and did what they had to do

3. LL&T

LL&T Junior Member

Does everyone else have original equipment on there truck as far as belts?
    Thank you,
    Wayne

4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

pics would help. Do you mean 2 belts in place of the 1 belt? or two seperate belts running different pulleys?what engine is in it? If its the 7.5 it's suppose to have two belts not 100% about the 5.8 but i could run out to the building and check a truck if needed.

5. LL&T

LL&T Junior Member

Thank you everyone. Turns out it had a sticker under the hood that was the diagram for a serpantine belt. But infact it had two belts not one and it factory. Thank you