1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Ford F250 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Truck207, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

I am selling my 1995 Ford F250 Regular cab 4x4 automatic, 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel with 188,000 miles. It runs great, the transmission shifts fine, and the 4x4 works as it should. There was rust above the rear wheel wells but I put Kitty Hair (bondo) in those areas and I also put a rust treatment paint on the surface rust. It has Fisher Minute Mount push plates, but no plow or wiring harness. The only reason for selling is I don't have enough use for a diesel truck. Just remember, it is a work truck and not a show truck, but with some paint, it could be a great looking truck. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Asking $2700 or maybe trade for a gas truck with a plow.
    Thanks.

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

2. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

would you be willing to sell just the fisher push plates?

3. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Sorry, but I would like to sell them with the truck.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why, they are not worth as much on the truck without the plow.

5. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

I know, but I just don't want to deal with taking them off. I know it isn't that hard, but I'm lazy!

6. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

where in maine are you? can i come up and remove them if needed?

7. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Sorry, but I would just rather leave them on for now. Because if the truck doesn't sell, I am planning on putting a Fisher plow on it. I don't mean to sound like a dick, if I am coming off that way.

Thanks.

8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

So where are you? I'd be happy to sell the plates if I buy the truck...

9. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

affekonig if you are asking me, I am in midcoast Maine. Just so you know, the truck does have a small oil leak. I believe it is coming from the EBPV (exhaust back pressure valve) but I am not sure because I haven't dug into it, since it is so small. If you leave the truck running in one spot for a while, there will only be a couple drips (no puddles).

10. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

i live in ct

11. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Ah, I was looking at this thread on my phone and didn't see that you lived so far. Good luck with the sale though.

12. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

OK, no problem. Thanks.

13. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

would the truck make the trip to michigan?

14. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

I don't see why it wouldn't. Truthfully, I haven't driven it much, just because I don't have the use for a diesel. I got it in January of this year and probably have only put on about 1000 miles.

15. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Does the truck have the solid front axle or the twin beam?

16. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

To tell you the truth, I don't really know. How would I tell?

17. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

unless someone modified it, it has the TTB dana 50 (twin beam) axle

18. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

OK. Thanks for answering that for me!

19. for future reference mr truck207 a "straight" axle looks like a rear axle with knuckles on each end for steering and was found in 70's era fords (bronco's pick ups etc) untill 1980. the twin beam danas are for simple terms split in the middle kind of a cross breed between a straight axle and control arms. they were in rangers, broncos, pickups up to f-250 from 1980-1997(different variants of course). The one tons all came with straight axles. 97 on gets interesting for a couple years from what I understand starting then all heavy 250's(vs the 7700gvw light 250's or heavy 150's depending on year) and all 350's are straight axles varying between coils and leaf sprung suspension. If you want more specifics there are some real informed ford guys on here.

20. ps the different rated 250's only existed untill 1999(model year) release of the superdutys then all 250s are straight axle