1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Ford F-350??? Looking to buy! In Ohio

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark1, Jan 7, 2006.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking at a 1995 F-350 Powerstroke, Automatic XLT etc... with a 7'6" Western (non pro) snow plow on it. The truck has 126,000 miles, 5000 on transmission.

I bought it through ebay and am wondering if I got screwed or if any of you guys from Ohio know of the dealer I am working with. It's a small dealer in Struthers, OH (near cleveland I think)

He had a best offer auction with a buy it now of $11,999, I made an offer of $8000 and he accepted!

Is there anything I need to watch for or should I be running now....
    Here is a link to the auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4601420737&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The dealer is Westside Auto Sales of Struthers, OH I forgot to mention that before!

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Can't tell you a thing about the truck without looking at it. Some things to do when you do get it though. Change oil, antifreeze (add coolant additive), tranny fluid, differential fluids, and transfer case fluid. Might as well do power steering fluid too. Put an aftermarket tranny cooler on the truck with a temp gauge. The E40d's do not have a great track record, especially ones that have been rebuilt to stock specs. They can be beefed up, but I doubt the rebuilt one was. Next oil change do a oil analysis and see what's up with the engine. Then head over to the "thedieselstop.com" and go to the forum powerstroker 94-97. There are lots of other little maintenance things to be done that will give you an idea of what shape the motor is in. Also, if the truck does not have the Ford upgraded air filter housing, at the very least get the updated air housing from Ford (it's free) but even better, put in an open air element like a Tymar. Cheaper and better in the long run. Good luck.

4. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

the truck in the pic looks pretty mint as oldmankent said thedieselstop is an awesome web site full of knowledge and the guys over there are more than happy to help out with any questions or concerns you might have but hey good luck withthe truck and drain all the fluid as said before and the tranny temp guage is easy to run i put one in my 96 f250 powerstroke

chris

5. SLSNursery

SLSNursery PlowSite.com Veteran

Fuel Leaks

Good luck with your truck. The worst problem we ever had with that era truck was fuel leaks. We changed fuel filter housings a couple times over the years and seemed to have leaky injectors (at the o-rings). We even had to replace one fuel tank. The truck became really drippy as fuel would leak at the injectors and weep out of the valve covers to the back of the engine. It didn't really affect performance, but it made parking a little messy. The repair was too costly compared to replacement of the truck in our case. The tranny - well, you'll find volumes of information on the E40D if you care to look. For what you paid, you'll have some nickel and dime problems, but with a little luck you'll make money with it pretty quick. Oh - I just remembered - the brake lines to the rear (ours wasn't a pickup so they may not have been protected as well as yours) seem to sit in a little cavity right behind the cab in the frame rail. Dirt, sand and salt seems to collect there and rot the lines out. Not hard to fix, but a pain to do quickly in a storm.