1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 f250 HD... what shocks?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Andy96XLT, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Hello All,
    I am starting to do things to my truck to get it ready for the winter again. I just put on a set of Air Ride air helper springs on the front to help hold up the plow and did some exhaust work but while I was underneath I notice the horrible shape my rear shocks were in. I did some research but it seems everyone has a completely different opinion of which shocks to replace with. Does anyone have any real world experience with Bilstien, Monroe, Rancho, etc shocks for the OBS ford? The front's looked to be in fine shape but If its suggested I can do the fronts along with the backs.

For the ride, I am interested in something maybe a little softer than stock if possible. The truck is really only used for plowing and for towing jet skis to the river/bay.

Thanks all!

2. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Bilstein 5100!

3. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

what's so good about the bilstein 5100's? Also it looks like they are only for lifted trucks for my year.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just get a cheap name brand pair. Opinions are like a*****s everyones got one and they all stink.

5. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

I would sa gothe Bilstien 5100 or KYB HD both are awsome . My first choice would be the 5100's

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I used the skyjackers in my 96 they seem fine I never used anything else in any of my trucks except skyjacker.

7. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Excuses are like a******** , everybodys got one. Thumbs Up

Any shocks you feel suite your need, really would work.