1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 F-350 Value?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by LawnProLandscapes, Jan 2, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im looking into getting a back up truck, and also getting a few more accounts. The truck is a 1995 ford f-350 as the title says and it has about 75,000 miles on it currently. its a reg. cab with 8' bed has the 460 c.i. v8 and auto tranny that needs replacing (no longer has reverse). truck already has an older boss power v on it i think its an 8'2" blade and looks to be in decent condition. the truck is starting to get some rust spots on it. he was asking 3800 for it when i first asked him about it, then i bought the weatherguard toolbox off it and he says he can do better for me on the price. how much better im not sure, but i think around or a little below 2500 would be fair. let me know what you think
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Beat him down some more. That truck is a gas pig if I remember.
  3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

the 5.8 run good they r a pig plowing snow but they carry 100gals of fuel go all night. how many men can say that. we bought a 96 with a meyers on it for 3600 but all it needed was brakes tires and whole bunch of other odds and ends. the bodys on the 95s up to 2000 rust like crazy ur gonna have that.

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

3800 is way high for a truck that needs a transmission. I would start at 1500 and go from there. Be in the market to deal not to buy
  5. LawnProLandscapes

yea i was going to throw 1500 out there... its sat there for a while now so im sure it'll need brakes and a tune up to get going. im not too concerned about fuel, my v10 is no angel either. i think it might even be a '94 but im not sure. its either 94-95... keep the opinions rolling in :salute:
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures would help... but I would say $2000.00 at most if it's decent and the plows good!
  7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

o ya ours needs tie rods it likes to wander all over the place plowing its fine going down the road can be kinda hary
  8. LawnProLandscapes

im selling one of my sleds and plan on buying the truck off him. i know the truck wasnt plowed to hard, he barely drove it (works for big construction co. and gets co. truck.). ill have to swing by and check it out. my thoughts are tranny, and brakes Hopefully, and maybe a little work on the plow. idk ill try to get some pics of it for yea.
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

What tranny does it have in it, the 3 speed c6 or the e4od overdrive? If its the e4od, those are prone to problems. You may want to get a replacement custom built with a heavier reverse gear in it. I wouldn't offer more then $2500 for it but sight unseen, no more then $1500.
  10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd say $2000 would get you in the ballpark, so offer him $1500 and see what he says.
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Just look at it good for leaks and rust outs. Old plow trucks can cost you in parts and repairs.
    Take it from someone who knows.
    If you can wrench on it. The job may not be too bad. It just takes fluids, time and parts. Point out to him it's 12 or 13 years old with a bad transmission. Check out the build date on the drivers door sticker.
    The 460 gets about 8-9 MPG so think about that too.
  12. LawnProLandscapes

if it isnt to bad ill have no problem tearing into it, if not itll go in a buddys shop... i have to take acloser look at it again.
  13. toyman

toyman Senior Member

This might help, I sold my 94 F250 reg cab 4X4 for $4400.

14. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Should also have mentioned, no plow, 5.8L XLT and 150K miles on it. Sold it on Ebay.