1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Dodge Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

For all you guys that have this truck or know about it, I could use a little help. My shifter rod (which shifts between the different drive settings like 2wd, 4x4hi, N, 4x4low) keeps getting bent when I shift into 4 LOW. I have no clue why this is. My dad and I just got done fixing that tonight out in the cold. :dizzy: Thank the Lord for my dad, but anyway, it's been in the shop once before that getting this rod straitened and reatached. So, my question is what gives? What needs to be adjusted? I'd appreciate your help. Other than that, despite my worries, my Dodge has been a good truck.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Broken motor or transmission mount would be a likely candidate. Or broken snap ring on the output shaft in the T-case. Also loose cab bolts/deteriorated cab bushings.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  3. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

is there excessive resistance when putting it into 4 low?? are u putting it in with the vehicle in neutral and rolling at like 2MPH?