1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Dodge 3500, 12v Cummins, 4x4, auto, rc, flatbed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NLS1, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Hey folks, as the title says, 1995 Dodge 4x4 3500 flatbed.
    bought in fall of 2010 with 79k, currently 92+k and slowly climbing
    base model with crank windows and rubber floors, ac, no cruise, and no tilt, although I have a tilt column that goes with it.
    I really need a quad cab for the crew and family occasionally so this truck is gonna go.

Motor is just wonderful, runs perfect, the pump was turned up a little by the guy before me, PLENTY of power, without fear of breaking stuff all the time, 5" muffler and sounds nice but a little louder than I like

Set up by me in the fall of 2010 with a new Boss mount and wiring and a SHPE2000 spreader and timbrens which are all for sale in another listing. A package deal for everything is possible, but this ad is for the truck only.

Everything I list has been done since I bought it at 79k, plus there was a folder of maintenance before me

auto trans rebuilt at 84k, nuke proofed, all upgrades done by performance trans builder.
    ats deep pan installed, ats 5-star torque convertor, and aftermarket cooler
    tires at 80k
    new premium ball joints and knuckle joints at 85k
    new front pads at 80k
    all new steering at 88k, with extra set of luke's links steering if you want it
    lukes link track bar bushing and joint
    shocks
    towing mirrors
    insulated doors and back of cab for sound and temp control
    re-foamed drivers seat, not professionally, but WAY better now
    also have brand new not installed chrome bumper and new plastic cover not installed yet that go with it
    plus tons of little wiring and putsy stuff like a switch for backup lights, etc.
    pretty much everything on this truck has been touched for reliability and repair except the body and HVAC system

now the bad
    HVAC is so-so, not too hot, not too cold, but Baby Bear would love it!
    Pretty sure it needs a heater core and ac charged again, works but not great for heat or ac, which from what I read on Cumminsforum is fairly common.

Its not real pretty. Decent, but not a prom queen. I drove all the way to New Jersey to buy this truck because of the low miles, the body was pretty solid and the chassis almost looked new, but the cab was uglier than I hoped, with dents, a rust spot on the right side down low about the size of a quarter, and the flatbed was only so so, but I drove 1200 miles to get it, hit a deer on the way there, and was not going home empty handed!

The kid before me went nuts with the black interior paint, which I didn't know either until I showed up, not a problem but be aware.

I was going to have the cab totally redone and an aluminum dump bed put on, but I honestly need a quad cab for the crew and family, so I am done spending money on upgrades. Come and take her home!

$6500 cash, keep in mind that I have that in the trans and tires alone! Let alone the truck and everything else I did to it over the last year and a half.

Call with any questions, I will bore you to death with the details for this truck. Nothing to hide.

Dan
    763-607-7270
    Bloomington, MN 55437

BIG951.jpg

BIG952.jpg

BIG953.jpg

BIG954.jpg

BIG955.jpg

2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

More pics, sorry it is a little dirty. Cleans up ok I guess

BIG956.jpg

BIG957.jpg

BIG958.jpg

BIG959.jpg

3. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

Would you be interested in a trade for a 99 quad cab slt laramie 5.9 gas 150k miles. new front end including gear box and trans within last year. also replaced rear end with a used 100k unit. newer tires. 4x4 2500. Nice truck.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

This would be a nice twin match to my 95. Any trade interest in a 98 X cab gasser 2500 Dodge sport with a Unimount pro? I can possibly toss in something else. Truck isn't pretty, I have an ad here on PS.

5. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

No trades but thanks!
    Dan

6. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

No trades but thanks!
    Dan

7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Just to clarify I have a replacement already and this truck is just sitting.

Thanks everyone!
    Dan

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Seems like a real fair price for the truck. Hopefully for your sake you don't, but if you still have this come fall time you'll be hearing from me. Ideal truck for my fleet, I even have a Blizzard complete for it just waiting for a truck. I just can't crack of the $$ this time of year. Good luck with the sale.

BUMP

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

*And the heater core thing is common, you're right. You can probably flush it and it'll do wonders. Just hook up the hose to a hot supply, pull off the hoses at the firewall and have at it. You'll be amazed at how much crap comes out. My 95's heat sucked. I did that and wow what a difference!

10. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

wish u werent so far away or i would be interested. bump for a solid looking truck and price

11. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Bump and update

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

As an update, I was hearing the truck make an unusual sound, so I took it to the shop for a look over. Trans was making a weird sound, so I had it pulled again!

Trans disassembled again, and found that the input shaft splines and drum had some play. New input shaft and drum. The transmission guy said he had never seen that before, but that the rest of it still looked new. New gaskets, he put in a couple drive clutches that had a tiny bit of wear, and reusable pan gasket and bolts, and is going back in the truck in the next couple days. Basically a brand new trans again!

So, another $800 down the drain, and this truck will be ready for the next person.

$6500 cash and not a nickel less. In fact I am tempted to raise the price in light of the recent events! :)

Dan

12. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Ok here are pics of the extra tilt column with decent steering wheel that go with it.

Also a partial roll of sound deadening/insulation mat that you can have for the cab above the headliner if you want.

And the new, still in wrapper bumper and top plastic cover.

Thanks everyone!

Dan
    763-607-7270

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper3.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  13. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I will have the truck back today. Ready to go, and will be calling you all that wanted the update when it is back and ready to look at and test drive.

Dan

14. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Ok, so I just had someone look at the truck. Of course with perfect timing, it started leaking from the fuel filter today, so I will fix that too!
    And to reiterate, this truck needs work to look perfect.
    If you are expecting a perfect looking truck that you can just throw signs on and get oohs, and ahhs about how nice it looks, this is not it.
    Needs paint and a few dents fixed, and has that hole I mention on the right lower corner. But overall very solid and mechanically ready.

If I spend the dough on this truck to make it perfect looking I am raising the price a lot. So if you have a body guy that can give you a good deal, you will have a heck of a great truck for cheap. A perfect edition of one of these would be 10-15k with the low miles and great mechanical condition like this one.

So just be aware, this is a 17 year old truck with 93k, a cummins 12v, 4x4, stout rebuilt auto, solid mechanically and is a 5 or 6 out of 10 in the looks department.
    $6500
    Dan

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  15. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Update

Truck is not getting any real attention. Mechanically solid, cosmetically so-so, I am going to keep it and fix it, and try again when it it perfect.

Please delete thread

Dan

16. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Truck sold for asking price locally a little while ago.

I asked that the thread be deleted, didn't realize it was still up so wanted to give an update.

Thanks guys

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.