1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 DIESEL Suburban 3/4Ton 2500 4x4

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NJ Plowman, Nov 3, 2005.

1. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I am thinking about selling my 4x4 Suburban. It is my everyday family vehicle that has never been plowed with or used for work. It is a true creampuff in excellent condition and is super heavy duty with just about every option ever shoehorned into a Suburban. It is a 3/4-Ton 2500 Series 4x4 with a 12,500GVWR. It is powered by the 6.5Liter Turbo Diesel with Automatic Overdrive Transmission and averages about 22mpg. It has a 650 mile range per tankfull. The truck has 165,000 original miles on it but the original 6.5 Turbo Diesel was replaced with a brand new Jasper 6.5 Turbo Diesel built to heavier specs (more torque, etc.) that was installed at about 117,000 miles. At 155,000 miles the entire fuel injection system was replaced (new injectors, injector pump, and pump driver) and it is ready for another 150,000 miles. It has a white exterior with blue velour interior and has bucket front seats with a center console, a second row split 60/40 bench seat and the rare third row bench seat. It seats 8 comfortably with plenty or room after the third seat. The third seat is removable and the second row seats fold down providing enough room to hual 50 sheets of 4x8 foot plywood. It has dual air conditioning that features seperate heat and A/C controls for the front and back seat passengers. It has a factory supreme sound system with am/fm/cassette and CD player with 9 speakers. It has Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, Full Instrumentation with Tach, Alarm System with Push Button Unlock, Dee Zee Fiberglas Running Boards, Stainless Steel Bug Deflector, 5 brand new 10ply Goodyear Tracker AT/S All Terrain Tires, Class 4 Receiver Trailer Hitch, Tekonsha Prodigy Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Fiberoptic Back-up Camera with Microphone installed on the Rear Spoiler with a 5" Monitor up front, and way, way too much more to list here. I am thinking of asking around $16,500 or best offer. If you want a diesel, now you have to get it in a pick-up truck. They no longer make them in Suburbans and Excursions any more and if they did they would list for around $50G or more loaded up like this one. What do you guys think?

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

What year is it?

Hi, Sounds like a nice tow rig,What year is it?Do you know what gear ratio's it has?
    Thanks.
    Allan

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Allan,

It is a 1995. I am not exactly sure of the exact gear ratio. I was making about 3 trips a month from New Jersey to Florida for a while, thats where most of the mileage came from. I averaged around 75-80mph on the highway on those trips. It has more than enough torque, I once pulled a 36 foot RV trailer from Montague New Jersey to Houston Texas with no problems at all. In my opinion, the Diesel option in a truck this size is worth every penny...

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I wont agrue that!

When I was shopping for a 1 ton work truck everything I looked at with 4x4 was all rotted out(New England)I love Fords but every 90's F350 (8 in total) was junk, radiator supports would crumble in my hands,brake lines etc....Same with the GM's,rockers, cab mounts etc...
    So I ended up with an 2wd 89 R3500 GM 6.2 the LAST choice as far as a diesel I thought.
    It has turned out to be a great truck.Hauls 1.5 cords approx 6,000lbs no problem, if I keep it at 60mph or under it gets 15-16mpg,No problem there either.
    I've had big blocks that I was happy when I got 8mpg.lol
    My brother is in the market for a newer Sub,he has an 84 190,000 miles 350 reg gas.Been a great truck just gettin ugly.I'll pass along the info.

5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Why don't you just put a plow on it?

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Ryder,

I was thinking about putting a plow on it, but most of my work involves condominiums where I plow and salt the drives, then clean the sidewalks with a snowblower and then salt the sidewalks with a push spreader. The Suburban is a "Luxur" vehicle with velour interior and full carpeting on the inside. It was never a "Work" truck and is in spotless condition. I could use a ramp to get the blower and push salter in the back and then use a hitch mounted salt spreader for the drives but that sounds like alot of work and I don't want to get salt all over the inside carpet or upolstery. It is just easier to use a pick-up. I have 12 mid eighties pick-ups set up for plowing, so putting a plow on a truck this clean wouldn't make sense for me. It would handle it though, it is equipped with an auxilliary trans cooler, auxilliary engine cooler, heavy duty front suspension and other components like that, but I simply don't need another plow truck. I sold my RV trailer and went with a slide-in pick-up camper that I put on my best plow truck in the summer months so I no longer have a use for the Suburban, and it is truly a "creampuff" and I don't want to make it into a "work" truck either.

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Somebody make me an offer, gotta move it!