1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Chevy K1500 Z71, reg cab, short bed, unimount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by affekonig, Aug 5, 2008.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I'd probably sell this truck and just keep my Bronco if I get the right offer. As the title states, it's a black, 95 Chevy K1500 4x4, Z71, reg cab, short bed with a Western Unimount frame on it. The mount is bent a bit, but holds a plow fine. It was like that when I got it. The truck has around 111k on it, newer exhaust, new trans, new tires... It's a nice truck to drive and it runs great. It has power windows and locks, remote keyless entry that works when it wants, an OEM cd player, and it's nice and short and easy to manuver. The outside isn't perfect, but it isn't terrible. There's almost no rust, but a few dings and scratches and the tailgate is pretty bad. There's also a dull spot on the passenger door that I was told is the result of a logo. It cleans up pretty nice. The wheels are from an Escallade (17", on there when I got it) with new tires. I also have the factory rims with some bad tires and a set of 15" aluminum wheels with a set of decent tires. I can include the wiring and a blade depending on the price. I'd sell the truck as it sits for $3500 with all the wheels and tires, and maybe $4500 or so with everything. I don't know. Make an offer. It's in Naperville, IL. Thanks and I'll try and get some pictures tonight.

2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

pics please. what kind of shape is the blade, harness and all that good stuff in?

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

great driveway plow truck. i would like to see some pics of it.

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

As far as the blade goes, neither of the ones I have are really "nice", but they should work fine. They're both three spring, 7.5ft pro plows. One has wings and will have new hoses soon. I'm not sure I want to sell the blades, but we'll see. The truck isn't wired right now, but I have wiring that I tested and works fine. It's from a Ford, but it's easy to convert. Anyway, let me know if you're interested.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hello, What motor does this truck have in it? Hows the tranny? Whats your best offer for the truck with the wheels, and no plow. Also would you take the mount off the truck or just leave it on?

8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

The trans (700r4) was rebuilt within the last 10k miles and I have the receipt. The motor is a 350 with no leaks as far as I can tell. It has headers, but is stock otherwise. They're shorty headers with a stock exhaust including cats. That reminds me, KEEP YOUR CATS! I would sell the truck without the brackets for, maybe, $3250. I know it'll cost me $125-150 to have them taken off. Let me know.

Thanks.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Let me think about it and talk to my banker. (I.E. the little women) I am looking for something like this. Is it possibel you could post some pics of the other wheels? Maybe some more of the engine, and the other side of the truck to? Just email them to me at ghtfdff1020@hotmail.com The only reason I ask about the plow frame is I would be putting a boss 7'6'' stright blade on it instead of a western. But like I said gimme a few days to think about it and talk with the banker. AHAH!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I understand. I'll do my best to get more pics soon. I can say that three of the stock wheels (16" alum) are good and one has peeling clearcoat. The other set is the standard Eagle Alloy 589/MT Classic type (15"). They're all dull, but could be painted. The tires aren't on them, but I have a set.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yeah that'd be great if I could get some more pics cause then I could talk to the banker some more about it. Thanks again.

12. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

95 Chevy reg cab short bed w/unimount, PICS

Pics of the truck I posted earlier

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

14. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

15. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

The spots on the ground are not from this truck. 1995, 350, rebuilt 700r4, new tires, two extra sets if you want them, new header gasket, maybe other stuff... It's dirty in these pics, but cleans up pretty well.

16. tattooedplower

tattooedplower Member

How much you want for it?

17. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Check the top of the post. all the info's there. Thanks

18. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks for the new pics of the truck. I am going to the bank tomorrow to talk things over with them. The little women doesn't have a problem with me getting another truck. I will let you know as soon as the banks says something. As far as I see it, i wouldn't think I would have a problem with getting a loan. I could just pay cash for it out of my bank account, but I do not want to break my bank account. Thanks again for the pics.

Ryan

19. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I just want to give you a update here. I went to the bank today and gave them some info they were looking for. Just waiting to hear back from them. Would you consider taking less if you were to leave the plow mount on the truck?

20. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I think $3500 is a pretty fair deal as it sits, so I think I'll hold out for that. I could have the bracket taken off and sell it for at least what it would cost to have it removed... Again, I think it's fair as is. Let me know. This is the only place I have it listed and I'm in no big rush. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008