1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Truck207, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

I am looking at buying a 1995 Chevy 2500 with a 350, rebuilt auto, 8' Fisher Minute Mount plow (hydrualic pump under the hood), with 160,000 miles on it. In March it had new front shocks put in, sway arm, idler arm, brake handle and pads, and tie rod ends put in it. I just wanted to see if there is anything I need to watch out for with either the truck or plow? Any info would be appreciated.

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Watch out for other drivers ! ! ! ! ! ! !

3. Riccas

Riccas Member

Alternator, transmission lines, brakes and brake lines.

4. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

OK. Thanks for the info.

Keep the info coming.

5. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Bump to the top.

6. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

The fuel pump in my 97 3/4 ton with a 350 goes out atleast once a year! Other than replacing alot of the parts on the front end last year, it's been a great truck with 180k on it and runs/looks new! Oh, and the damn seat rips in the same spot on all of em. right beside your left a$$ check.

7. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i had the same rip old lady fixed it up nice tho. i got the hole set up gas tank pump sending unit drop old put up new . you need 2 get a new pressure regulator that should stop you truck from eating fuel pumps

8. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Good to know! Thanks for the info.

Keep the coming!

9. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Keep the info coming!*

10. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Have you changed the plug on the end of the fuel pump harness where it plugs into the sending unit? Those plugs fail alot.